Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

It seems that the issue is now fixed, at least for me.

I logged out of the FF app and waited a couple hours before logging back in again. All Jepp downloads worked and the Jepp IFR charts are now available again.

I certainly hope that this was a one-off event. Having the charts disappear just before a flight has shaken my faith a bit.

LSZK, Switzerland

@chflyer Glad to hear it is working as expected now. I just want to let you know that this is not typical. I’ll get with Jeppesen today to see if there was a delivery outage yesterday causing the looping downloads as these downloads are delivered separately from those hosted via ForeFlight. Not an excuse, but just wanted to give some insight on the system backend as it stands.

If you have any issues, please let us know.

Josh

Last Edited by Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight at 07 Aug 11:29
FF Director of Product - International
KGTU, United States

@Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight Unfortunately it doesn’t work for me. I logged out yesterday, relogged in this morning and no Jeppesen IR Charts are available anymore, only the VFR Charts. As mentioned by chflyer, that really worries.

EDDS , Germany

Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight wrote:

I just want to let you know that this is not typical.

Few things are as infuriating to someone who isn’t getting what they paid for as being told that this doesn’t usually happen. Well, it’s happening to them now and that’s what they care about.

EGLM & EGTN

Hi @eddspeter.

If you haven’t already, I would write into the Pilot Support Team so we can have a look at your account setup. We can investigate further from there – [email protected]

Josh

Last Edited by Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight at 08 Aug 10:05
KGTU, United States

HELLO
FOREFLIGHT is trying to set up in EUROPE (if it is not already done) and proposes to integrate the cards JEPPESEN since these 2 entities are now part of BOEING.

I see that it is proposed a free trial of 3 months.

For my flights (IFR vfr) I use AUTOROUTER after using EUROFPL, then ROCKET ROUTE then AIRMATE, the advantage of AUTOROUTER is that it is free (I am ashamed to write that it matters and I may have missed a item proposing a sharecipation? …) and offers an excellent auto-routing comparable to that of ROCKETROUTE which seemed to me rather expensive for the number of times where I really needed it.

For the MTO I am based on crossed informations of AEROWEATHER, AEROWEB, RAIN TODAY, the GOLZE ADL-connect card and the available WEBCAM of the trip and some more other app.

Finally flying on Bonanza there is the excellent app BONANZA PERFORMANCE.

The navigation preparation is coupled with JEEPFD on my IPAD 4 in flight and IPAD PRO on the ground (or moving map for my wife when she deigns to fly … this year it was VENICE … phew!).

My question is essentially the return of use you could have on the use of FOREFLIGHT in flight preparation (including FPL deposit) then in flight (moving map., And insetation of the different MTO information collected just before departure). .

Adls
LFPU, France

(Out of curiosity, why so much caps? I find it a bit hard on the eyes)

@josh
I recently did some flights and have the issue that while breadcrumbs were shown I have no tracklog of the flight. Support couldn’t really help.

Why do I have a tracklog for the 3 other flights that day and none for the first one, even though I have a breadcrumbs line, proof that FF was active?

Just curious. Thanks.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Why do I have a tracklog for the 3 other flights that day and none for the first one, even though I have a breadcrumbs line, proof that FF was active?

Same here. Sometimes track doesn’t exist at all after the flight.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

hmmm @Snoopy and @Emir.

I’ll check with our team responsible for the two and see what I can find out. Did either of you notice that the record button was blue during those flights where it wasn’t recorded? Was ForeFlight open on the display during takeoff? Just trying to get an understanding of where the issue might start.

Thanks,

Josh

KGTU, United States
Sign in to add your message