Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

I was using foreflight simultaneously on iphone and ipad during the flights. On the ipad i have tracklog set to automatic. On the iphone i have it set to manual.

I got breadcrumbs but no tracklog.
The flights were
LOWG LDZA
LDZA LIPV
LIPV LOWG

always learning
LO__, Austria

@Snoopy,

I appreciate the screenshot. Just to have some more info to take back to the team, with the tracklogs, did it record individual tracklogs or did it make a single log?

Also, I was curious if you knew that you can tap the breadcrumbs and save them as a tracklog? In this example, it would save as a single log though.

Josh

ForeFlight - Head of International Gr...
KGTU, United States

The other 3 legs were saved individually as tracklogs.
Did not know that, thanks! Once the crumbs are gone there’s no way to retrieve them?

Last Edited by Snoopy at 27 Aug 14:12
always learning
LO__, Austria

Hi @Snoopy,

There is not a way to retrieve them once they are gone, however, you do have the option to extend the length of time they are on the screen. If you go to More > Settings and search for breadcrumbs, you can choose a time from 15 minutes to 4 hours under “Breadcrumbs Clear After”.

I’ll let the team know about the issue and we will see what we can find out. One thing to mention is it’s still best to go through the pilot support team so they can have you create diagnostics logs and send it to the team when you have issues so they can dig into it more. Always happy to help on here though.

Josh

KGTU, United States

Thanks. I did contact the support back on this day regarding the issue.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Graphical NOTAMs and FLARM support available. We are very slowly inching closer towards a workable VFR product.

Release

Have to credit the speed of development nonetheless!

Last Edited by TimR at 28 Aug 09:16
EGSX

You beat me to it @TimR

Release notes for 11.7:

Expanded European Coverage

• All European subscribers can now download AIPs for Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Moldova, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia and Montenegro, and Turkey.
  • The AIPs include IFR High and Low enroute charts for all countries other than Turkey, VFR procedure charts for all countries other than North Macedonia, IFR procedure charts, and documents.
  • Visit foreflight.com/europe/data to learn more about what data is available for Europe and compare coverage for different countries.

Graphical NOTAMs

• Access graphical depictions of European enroute NOTAMs directly on ForeFlight’s map for improved flight planning and inflight situational awareness.
  • Enable the NOTAMs/TFRs layer in ForeFlight’s layer selector to display graphical NOTAMs on the map. Graphical NOTAMs are supported for most of Europe and Turkey.
  • NOTAMs are color-coded based on type and severity, with airspace and obstacle notices in gray, scheduled exercises in orange, and restricted/danger areas in red.
  • ForeFlight will automatically download graphical NOTAMs when you pack for a flight so you can access them without an internet connection

FLARM NMEA Protocol Support

• Third-party devices that deliver FLARM traffic information via the NMEA protocol can now display that traffic within ForeFlight.
  • ForeFlight also supports FLARM traffic from third-party devices using our extended GDL90 protocol, as well as via uAvionix’s SkyEcho 2 ADS-B and FLARM transceiver. Visit foreflight.com/connect to learn more

Improved Single-Tap and Map Layer Functionality

• A number of improvements allow you to do more with map layers and the single-tap gesture.
  • Enable multiple shape-based map layers like Graphical NOTAMs, GAFOR, and AIR/SIGMET/CWAs simultaneously, then tap where they overlap to select which one you want to view information about.
  • This multi-layer “Map Info” popup also allows you to select elements from other map layers like winds aloft barbs, PIREPS, lightning, obstacles, and Aeronautical Map elements like waypoints and airways.
  • You can also now tap on FBO markers that are built into ForeFlight’s Aeronautical Map airport diagrams to quickly access information about them.

New Supported Document Types

• You can now import comma-separated value files (CSV), and Apple Pages, Keynote, and Number files into ForeFlight’s Documents view.
  • As with other document types, you can import these files via AirDrop, email, iTunes, or via a connected cloud storage account if you have a Pro Plus subscription or above.
  • ForeFlight supports the following document types: pdf, tiff, tif, jpg, jpeg, gif, png, bmp, bmpf, txt, doc, docx, xlsx, xls, pptx, ppt, csv, pages, key, and numbers.
  • Also, the Documents view now separates your personal drives from the rest so you can more easily access your imported documents and any linked cloud storage account.
Last Edited by Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight at 28 Aug 11:36
KGTU, United States

The graphical notams sound very good.

Any news on fly-by waypoints, for shaping Eurocontrol routes?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi Peter,

We are working on additional route constraints. Hang in there. They will come.

Josh

KGTU, United States

@Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight – one very preliminary bit of feedback. The NOTAMs are not filtered by the recently introduced airspace filter. Practically what that means is that for a low-level VFR flight (i.e. airspace above 8000ft AGL blocked out) I still get upper-airspace NOTAMs (e.g. random upper airspace military work FL245-FL305).

EGSX
Sign in to add your message