Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

Josh, if you had a PC product which did autorouting, that alone would be useful. How much is the Dispatch product?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Josh, if you had a PC product which did autorouting, that alone would be useful. How much is the Dispatch product?

Peter,

When I mentioned Constraints will come to the app, they will also come to plan.foreflight.com as well. Dispatch is a Business Aviation product and tailored to an operation. As such, I don’t have pricing to share.

Josh

FF Director of Product - International
KGTU, United States

Although on several occasions FF wasn’t able to produce valid route (especially for the longer flights), I still hope they will finally fix it. Actually the route is proposed but it doesn’t pass Eurocontrol validation. And there are many cases of non-optimal routes. Plus there’s issue of inability to define fly-by waypoints. For now, autorouter is superb both in segment of routing and flight preparation in general.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

Although on several occasions FF wasn’t able to produce valid route (especially for the longer flights), I still hope they will finally fix it. Actually the route is proposed but it doesn’t pass Eurocontrol validation. And there are many cases of non-optimal routes. Plus there’s issue of inability to define fly-by waypoints. For now, autorouter is superb both in segment of routing and flight preparation in general.

Hi Emir,

If you are able, it’s always helpful to report any routing issues to [email protected] so we can look into it. With routing, we can release changes daily if needed so those reports are valuable.

Josh

KGTU, United States

Plus there’s issue of inability to define fly-by waypoints

What would concern me is if FF didn’t include the extra features in the tablet product because they exist in the presumably much pricier Dispatch product – for product differentiation reasons. That would prevent them ever getting into the tablet version.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

What would concern me is if FF didn’t include the extra features in the tablet product because they exist in the presumably much pricier Dispatch product – for product differentiation reasons. That would prevent them ever getting into the tablet version.

Hi Peter,

I appreciate the concern, but that is not the case. As I mentioned previously, we are working towards adding constraints in the app as well.

Josh

KGTU, United States

@Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight

Any update on the availability of the winds aloft layer in the web version? Seems like a relatively simple thing to fix given it is in the iOS version.

EGSX

I would definitely like to see full route development and flight plan filing functionality in the web (PC) version.

It’s hard to get hard data on this sort of thing (due to forum posting population self selection favouring mobile clients) but I reckon 50% of IFR pilots plan on a PC or a laptop (at home or at work). Maybe not in the US, but the European preflight process is a lot more complicated. One has to shoot off various emails, forms, google for stuff, download AIPs, contact airports, etc. This can be quite painful with a “two finger device”.

Administrator

Hi @Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight

short question: Is there any chance of adding RAIM prediction to the European version as well?

Thanks!

EDFE, Germany

Hi Josh,

Back in June I wrote:

We’re missing a few more (Falgunzeon and Bedlands Gate, for instance). Some airfields like Kirkbride are on the map twice (as EG37 and EGZF) which seems a bit OTT.

The transfer of flight plans by Connext from FF to Garmin GTN650 is still a dead loss, with many airfields and VRP waypoints unrecognised and “locked” in the GTN flight plan.

No doubt this will be fixed in due course, in anticipation of which it would be nice to be able to designate any FF user waypoint as an “airfield” so that it will upload as such to the GTN navigator.

Meanwhile, would someone else with FF mind checking a curious “feature” for me:

If we create a flight plan, say, EGH9 EGBE (from Glenswinton to Coventry) and export it to the Flights page the distance is 185 nm. So far, so good.

Now if we insert the M6 Junction 3 VRP (EGH9 VP227 EGBE) the distance in the FPL window is still 185 nm, but if we export it to the Flights page the trip distance becomes 6 nm. This would save me a whole lot of time and fuel next Sunday, but is probably too good to be true.

Do you know whether any of these bugs have been fixed – especially the flight plan transfer by Connext. If so, I might take another look at switching from Garmin Pilot.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message