Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

Hi @chflyer,

Completely understand on the bureaucracy of getting many countries to agree on something similar. I think what was I hoping for was more on the national level as test sites had been set up previously in various countries by private companies.

Hi @ErlendV,

I’ll put in a case for review for Check Gear Down. It could be an interesting optional addition to the Final Approach Alerts.

FF Director of Product - International
KGTU, United States

ErlendV wrote:

What about an option to have a “Check gear down”-announcement as well?

It’s job of airframe specific annunciation systems and check lists rather than auxiliary tools like ForeFlight.

Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight wrote:

It could be an interesting optional addition to the Final Approach Alerts.

At first glance, it may sound like good idea but actually it’s not because checking gear-down is in domain of checklists. If you add that, why not add “check full flaps” or “check prop-full forward”? Oh, wait… my aircraft doesn’t have prop… or doesn’t have prop control… or doesn’t use full flaps for landing… or doesn’t have retractable gear.

Last Edited by Emir at 30 Mar 15:28
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Why not have it and not enabling it if you don’t want it?

ESME, ESMS

Dimme wrote:

Could be automated quite easily. You always (at least I do) select the aircraft you’re flying on the day in the profile section anyway, if only to give you the glide ‘ring’ in the map view. If that’s an RG type, then show the reminder, if not, then – not.

Dimme wrote:

Simply because it doesn’t belong there. If you want checklist to be spoken, go to Checklists section of ForeFlight and activate Speak.

172driver wrote:

You always (at least I do) select the aircraft you’re flying on the day in the profile section anyway, if only to give you the glide ‘ring’ in the map view. If that’s an RG type, then show the reminder, if not, then – not.

I always fly the same aircraft and for me it would be straight forward but for people who change the aircraft the day they forgot to choose will be the day when expected annunciation won’t occur.

Last Edited by Emir at 30 Mar 17:58
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

A different topic, has anyone used the STAY indicator in FF?

When I use it as part of the route on the maps page (maps → fpl), the time I add according to the stay indicator is not added to the ETE or navlog.

However, if I add e.g. STAY1/0020 in the route section on the flights page, it is correctly added to the navlog and ETE on the flights page. If I send that route to the maps, the added stay time disappears on the maps – fpl page.

I sent a ticket to the FF support too, just curious if anyone has seen this behavior before.

Thanks!

Hi @Martin-esmi,

This is currently a known limitation from the maps page as it’s using the on board planning engine versus the online version found on the flights page ( when offline the map and flights match). We are working on unifying this. As part of this unification, we have a project to adjust the map to take into account delays and stays coming up soon.

Hope that helps to answer why you are seeing difference,
Josh

KGTU, United States

@Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight
Aha, that explains it, thanks for the quick reply!

May I suggest to mention this in the documentation too? I looked there to figure out if I did it wrong, if this isn’t solved in the very near future?

It’s not mentioned in the pilots guide PDF or on the linked page: https://foreflight.com/support/support-center/category/about-foreflight-mobile/360034183613

Last Edited by martin-esmi at 30 Mar 19:25

I’ll send it over the team now!

KGTU, United States

I think Foreflight should give 1000ft and 500ft aural calls.

1000ft to check for stabilized approach criteria in IMC, 500ft in VMC.

These „gates“ include landing configuration and thus gear down already anyway.

Keep it simple!

Just my opinion!

Last Edited by Snoopy at 30 Mar 21:15
always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message