Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

This may be a dumb question, but does FF produce a tracking link, which could then be passed to someone wanting to monitor your progress?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Not that I have found

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Peter wrote:

This may be a dumb question, but does FF produce a tracking link, which could then be passed to someone wanting to monitor your progress?

Hi Peter,

Not a stupid Question. We do not have a link that you can provide for someone to track you during your flight. Currently, we only have the ability to share a tracklog recorded with the app after you have completed your flight.

Josh

Last Edited by Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight at 05 Sep 13:29
ForeFlight - Head of International Gr...
KGTU, United States

miguel22 wrote:

Hello Josh,

Thanks a lot for the update. Do you know if it will be still this year or only next year?

Hi Miguel22,

We expect these to be released this year, but I don’t have a specific date. As soon as we know, we will start talking about it via our Twitter account.

Josh

KGTU, United States

Appreciate the feedback Peter and Noe.

We have some new features in the works that will help to bridge some of the gaps you mentioned in previous posts and expect those to be rolling out over the coming months. I don’t have a list to share of what and when, but will be back with more details as items release.

Josh

KGTU, United States

Airborne_Again wrote:

The AIP in EAD is the Skyguide AIP. No difference.

Not true. The AIP in EAD only includes the Skyguide IFR AIP, not the VFR AIP. Same is true for Germany. While most EASA countries release both IFR and VFR AIP data to EAD, Germany and Switzerland only release the legally required IFR portion. VFR AIP is only available direct from Skyguide or DFS for a fee (incl indirectly through an app provider).

LSZK, Switzerland

@Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight
One feedback/wish I have for FF is to work with Jepp to align their “All Europe” IFR and VFR geographical coverage, i.e. expand the VFR coverage to match the current FF IFR coverage.

I have the ForeFlight Jepp “All Europe IFR & VFR” coverage and it a bit of a mixed bag.
1) It has included for the past year the “All Europe IFR” charting that Jepp just announced for their own products and Garmin (Baltics, Poland, Czech, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria). However the VFR charting doesn’t cover Romania or Bulgaria (it does cover the Baltics, Poland, etc just like the IFR coverage).
2) The VFR coverage includes the Canary Islands, but the IFR coverage does not even though they are part of Spain.

LSZK, Switzerland

Peter_Mundy wrote:

All offer a 30 day free trial

Not quite right for EasyVFR, which has unlimited free basic versions for UK or NL only but not any free trial, 30 days or otherwise, for anywhere else.

LSZK, Switzerland

chflyer wrote:

Not true. The AIP in EAD only includes the Skyguide IFR AIP, not the VFR AIP. Same is true for Germany. While most EASA countries release both IFR and VFR AIP data to EAD, Germany and Switzerland only release the legally required IFR portion. VFR AIP is only available direct from Skyguide or DFS for a fee (incl indirectly through an app provider).

miguel22 asked about the free AIP. I made no claims about the VFR part that you have to pay for.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 06 Sep 19:40
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

chflyer wrote:

Not quite right for EasyVFR, which has unlimited free basic versions for UK or NL only but not any free trial, 30 days or otherwise, for anywhere else.

A 30 day trial is available on request. Also any existing EasyVFR user can give another person a 30 day trail (found in the “My EasyVFR” section of the menu). If that person eventually takes up a membership after their 30 day trial, the person who introduces them gets a 10% discount (cumulative for more than one introduction).

EIWT Weston, Ireland
Sign in to add your message