Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@josh
When selecting layers for the map (aeronautical, radar etc..) the menu always closes after each selection. It would be nicer if it would stay open and allow multiple selections and then close again only via tapping on the three layer symbol top left.

always learning
LO__, Austria

@Snoopy: it does stay open when planning with https://plan.foreflight.com and I am not quite sure I want it the same in flight on the tablet/phone. Anybody else an opinion on it?

It’s inconvenient because during flight if you quickly want to change weather sources it requires to open/close the layer menu multiple times for eacht selection as opposed to quickly selecting multiple layers and the closing the menu.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Can’t say I’ve ever noticed.

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Catching up this morning. As always appreciate the feedback and as I mentioned I’m adding items to my list.

@TimR: I just wanted to mention that we do provide the AFTN address on the top of the PDF version of the ICAO Flight Plan. You can see this by tapping the “Send to” icon in the top right of the flight plan filing form and either saving a copy to your documents, emailing a copy, or printing a copy out. We do not currently have a way to enter your own AFTN address, however, if you believe we are missing any you are used to seeing, send us a note to our support team and they will make sure it gets to our flight planning team.

@Dave_Phillips: Ah yes, of course, Trip Assistant. Forget we have some of these features (need to drink more coffee). I’ll pass that along as well – quite a useful feature.

@Peter: Just for reference for others, as @172driver mentioned, we do support many older iPads for the latest version of ForeFlight. In fact, currently, we support 14 different iPads (5x 9.7" iPads, 3x iPad minis, and 6x iPad Pro models) with the iPad 4 coming in at around 6 years old. There are 4 models which we no longer support, the 1st-gen iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3, and the 1st-gen iPad Mini due to lack of support for iOS 10 (Current iOS is 12.1.2).

@Snoopy: Thanks for the feedback on that. I will pass that along to the team.

I’ll keep checking back in over the holidays. As I mentioned before, feel free to send me direct notes as well. We also handle all support requests at [email protected]

Josh

Last Edited by Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight at 19 Dec 13:45
FF Director of Product - International
KGTU, United States

TimR wrote:

Detail around who the IFR flight-plan is being addressed to + ways to add addressees

Did you really mean IFR there, for European use? My understanding is/was that IFR flightplans are sent to Eurocontrol, which then redistributes them to all sectors/units that need it through some kind of centralised database, so you don’t need ways to add addressees. Did you mean VFR, or what is the scenario where it would be useful for IFR?

ELLX

I think that Z or Y flight plans, while going to Eurocontrol via their internet interface, also have to be sent to the airport(s) via AFTN, and for this most of the FP services rent an AFTN gateway in the USA. Here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

In principal IFR flight plans should be distributed by Eurocontrol, but in ER, European Reality, this does not always end up in the controller really receiving your FPL. It is not a bad idea to explicitly add where it is meant to be sent to … my experience – it does help to reduce the failure rate, especially in certain countries ;-).

Last Edited by at 25 Dec 10:22

It’s simple for IFR only flights but becomes challenging with Z and Y flight plans. Here’s the AIP ENR part for Austria:

flight plan messages (FPL), departure messages (DEP), delay messages (DLA), modification messages (CHG), cancellation messages (CNL) and if required arrival messages (ARR) shall be addressed as follows:

IFR flights overflying Austrian territory or with destination/departure aerodrome located in Austria to:

• EUCHZMFP and EUCBZMFP

Z flights with departure aerodrome located in Austria and Y flights with destination aerodrome located in Austria to:
• EUCHZMFP and EUCBZMFP as well as
• LOVVZFZX
• LOWWZPZX
• ICAO Location Indicator + ZTZX (e.g. LOAVZTZX)*

** If the aerodrome is not connected to AFTN the message is automatically forwarded to the e-mail address of the aerodrome.
* Z flights joining IFR within Austria with departure aerodrome located outside of Austria

and
Y flights cancelling IFR within Austria with destination aerodrome located outside of Austria to:
• EUCHZMFP and EUCBZMFP as well as
• LOVVZFZX • LOWWZPZX

EDON, Germany
Sign in to add your message