Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

VRPs for VFR are not unique identifiers, so choosing the names instead might confuse. May be a workaround to give both, names and VP numbers in the log.

Other programmes manage the problem – here for example SkyDemon

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

dejwu wrote:

KMZ File Support > adding a zip function to the .kml file handling, hm, anybody need that?

Yes, that has been specifically requested here.

LSZK, Switzerland

Peter_Mundy wrote:

Other programmes manage the problem – here for example SkyDemon

Hi @Peter_Mundy,

We are working to determine the right approach for this one and hope to have a fix in a future update. I appreciate the feedback.

Josh

ForeFlight - Project Manager Europe
KAUS, United States

Hi Josh,

I tried ForeFlight this week but gave up and reverted to GP because FF would not transfer any flight plan including a UK VRP by Connext to my GTN650.

For instance this fails:

while this works fine:

Do you have any idea why?

Last Edited by Jacko at 14 Feb 19:44
Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi @jacko,

I think I may know why, but if you could provide some color this would be appreciated.

Currently, VRPs in a route are using the naming construct that is not likely recognized. What it may do (and I will double check on this) is to send coordinates for the point to the GTN. Is this what you saw? We are currently working on this naming construct, however, we will need to investigate how this will be affected by sending to a hardware device.

Another question for you: when transferring from Garmin Pilot to GTN, does it bring over the name exactly as shown or does it insert as a lat/lon. I have noticed that the codes used in Garmin for VRPs seem to be specific to Garmin so I am grateful for any insight there.

Look forward to hearing more,

Josh

KAUS, United States

Hi Josh,

I think that GP sends VRPs as a USERWPT in Lat/Long.

Embarrassingly, my airplane is 300 miles away, so I can’t check for sure. Maybe @JasonC can confirm.

P.S. I did once, temporarily, have a similar problem with GP sending one local IFR waypoint which was not yet in my GTN database.

Last Edited by Jacko at 14 Feb 20:24
Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi @Jacko,

Ah ok. No problem at all.

Josh

KAUS, United States
Sign in to add your message