Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

stevelup wrote:

If nothing appears on the FF share menu, it means that the file it is trying to share is not supported by any other app.

FF does not seem to share a file in the normal iOS sense but it is somehow special and thus the receiving applications are not listed. The only way to copy a flight plan from ForeFlight to ADLConnect is to select “Clipboard” and then switch manually over to ADLConnect. It should then ask you if you would like to import that flight plan.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Thanks Sebastian. That works perfect and is just as quick as selecting an app for sharing.

LSZK, Switzerland

@Supersonic wrote:

At the current stage the cumbersome flight planning without separate leg altitudes and the rudimentary basemap are deal breakers.

I talked to ForeFlight support about different altitudes and speeds and it’s on their roadmap, but no idea when it’ll be integrated.
They did, however, mention that one can vote for features by writing them an email so if you’d like to see this feature, get as many people as possible to send them one regarding that.

Last Edited by Laracrucuas at 23 Jun 21:48
EDFE, Germany

Foreflight do monitor EuroGA and this thread in particular; see past posts.

I am waiting for them to provide fly-by waypoints for Eurocontrol route autorouting. This is necessary to shape the route e.g. to go around bad wx. Lots of people are waiting for this same feature.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hu? ForeFlight deals with enroute changes of altitude just fine as far as I can see. I just type e.g. WAYPOINT/N0160F090 and it dutifully accepts that. You mean it accepts them but its fuel, time, etc computations just ignore the speed/level change? I do get different results depending on whether I enter or remove a drastic level change, so it seems to be doing something with them.

ELLX

We may have wires crossed. You can indeed shape the route by hacking the levels. For example you can force a route around the Alps by limiting it to FL100. But there are no fly-by waypoints like every other European routing tool has had from Day 1 (I know since I was a beta tester for all of them ).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Laracrucuas wrote:

They did, however, mention that one can vote for features by writing them an email so if you’d like to see this feature, get as many people as possible to send them one regarding that.

Already did that. I have the feeling, that the FF team pretty much knows about the things that need to be fixed. Question remains, how long it will take to implement and how the solution looks in the end.

EDNG, EDST, EDMT, Germany

lionel wrote:

You mean it accepts them but its fuel, time, etc computations just ignore the speed/level change? I do get different results depending on whether I enter or remove a drastic level change, so it seems to be doing something with them.

Correct. Try something like WAYPOINT/F045 => the waypoint will show up in the route, but not in the Navlog.

All in all I find the flight planning routine quite cumbersome:

1. First you specify a route
  2. Then you export it into “Flights”
  3. Here you do fuel and weight planning (but not balance)
  4. Then you do the balance planning in another Menu item – entering the same data again (using a separate W&B aircraft profile)

From my perspective that all belongs onto one single planning page..

EDNG, EDST, EDMT, Germany

Supersonic wrote:

Laracrucuas wrote:

Already did that. I have the feeling, that the FF team pretty much knows about the things that need to be fixed. Question remains, how long it will take to implement and how the solution looks in the end.

Hello everyone,

Apologies for my absence. I am catching up on where I left off. To the post above, we do have a lot in work currently and I know you have heard this before, but know that we are working through a comprehensive list. We have previewed some of our initial work on items like GAFOR and Graphical NOTAMs during Aero Friedrichshafen, Aero Expo UK, and France Air Expo and look to have these available very soon. We have heard of the issues with the base map and working to implement new data elements like those requested from the Jepp MFD VFR app so expect those as well. Routing capabilities are also on the horizon.

Continue to post here and I will do my best to check at least a couple of times a week.

Appreciate all the insight,

Josh

FF Director of Product - International
KGTU, United States

Hello everyone,

I hope you all are having a great Tuesday. Here are some release notes from the latest release, 11.5, which was made available yesterday.

Expanded Coverage for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland, and Greenland
All European subscribers can now download AIPs for the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland, and Greenland, which include IFR procedure charts and airport diagrams for all countries; VFR procedure charts for the Czech Republic, Hungary, and Poland; IFR High and Low enroute charts for the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, and Slovakia; and documents for all countries. Jeppesen’s IFR and VFR aeronautical data is also included for all countries except Greenland (IFR data only).
A wide range of new optional add-ons from DFS and Rogers Data are also available to enhance your visual flying.
DFS VFR 500 Charts covering the Czech Republic, Hungary, and Poland, along with an “All Europe” VFR/Visual 500 Chart combo that provides access to all DFS VFR charts available through ForeFlight.
Rogers Data VFR 500k charts covering Italy, Great Britain and Ireland, Spain and Portugal, France and Corsica, VFR 200k charts covering Austria and Slovenia, and Rogers Data VFR 500k Charts Combo covering most of central, southern, and eastern Europe.
Visit foreflight.com/europe/data to learn more about what data is available for Europe and compare coverage for different countries.

Track Log Review
A new graphical Track Log view provides detailed metrics for a better postflight debrief.
The new Track Log Graph shows changes in a flight’s altitude and speed based on GPS data, as well as pitch and bank if connected to an AHRS-capable device like Sentry, allowing you to view multiple data streams at once for better visualisation and assessment.
Replay your flight in fast-forward mode or manually scrub through the timeline.
Spread and pinch to resize the view and swipe left or right to get a better view of maneuvers or other details.
Access additional Track Log information by tapping the Info button in the top right of the Track Log Review page.

Alternate Advisor
Quickly find suitable alternate airports near your destination.
Alternates are suggested based on ForeFlight’s machine learning algorithm which analyzes other similar filed flight plans, as well as time and fuel requirements, forecast weather conditions, available approach procedures, and more.
Access Alternate Advisor by tapping in the Alternate field in the Flights view.

Select Runway on Maps
Tap on the departure or destination airport bubble in the Maps view Route Editor to select a runway.
Runway “Best Wind” labels indicate which runways have a headwind.
When selected, the destination runway is highlighted on the map with a blue line and chevrons, making it easier to quickly identify the correct runway before landing.
Selecting a departure runway adds white chevrons extending out from the centerline.

Organized Track Systems (OTS) Filtering
Filter oceanic tracks on ForeFlight’s Maps view by direction.
Under Map Settings > Airways, select Easterly tracks, Westerly tracks, or all tracks.
Organized Track Systems are included in ForeFlight Performance plans.

SkyEcho 2 FLARM Support
ForeFlight can now decode and display FLARM traffic data from uAvionix’s SkyEcho 2 portable GPS and ADS-B transceiver. FLARM traffic appears on ForeFlight’s map just like ADS-B traffic, with basic information about each traffic target.
ForeFlight requires a FLARM Decoding License to display FLARM traffic when connected to a SkyEcho 2. You can purchase a FLARM Decoding LIcense on ForeFlight’s website.

For more information, including videos for the new features, check out: https://foreflight.com/releases/11-5

Last Edited by Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight at 25 Jun 11:53
FF Director of Product - International
KGTU, United States
Sign in to add your message