Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

JasonC wrote:

The last 6 months.

My experience is similar except for latest version.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I find it’s heavily dependent on iPad model (never happens on the Pro, but sometimes on the mini v4), and shutting down all my other apps (GoodReader in particular).

Last Edited by denopa at 01 Mar 22:13
EGTF, LFTF

I use Mini 4

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Rarely experience a crash, even on longer flights.
3 year old iPad Pro, 9.7" with plenty of other aviation related apps running in the background

EGLL, EGLF, EGLK, United Kingdom
Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight 01-Mar-20 19:56 141
Hi all,

Apologies for not posting sooner as I have been traveling for work.

Just a few points to mention:

Route Constraints for Web to match the mobile version is coming shortly.
Please continue to email [email protected] with routing concerns or issues. This helps us get them to our routing team efficiently so they can make updates. Many of these are changes are constantly being released as they do not require an app side release.
It’s always good to report any crashes to [email protected] so we can collect diagnostics and determine what may be causing the issue.
We have made some styling updates to the aeronautical layer after receiving many requests to differentiate Class C and D controlled areas in Europe, as well as, some adding some additional information to special use airspace labels. Blog post: https://blog.foreflight.com/2020/02/27/new-aero-map-changes-in-foreflight/
As far as flight planning, I understand where you are coming from here and there are still features that we are continuing to work on. I did want to mention for those who use AutoRouter, there is an option to open a flight plan in ForeFlight which will prompt you to open ForeFlight and adds the flight plan. Just wanted to highlight that flexibility.
We have more features that should help improve flying VFR over the next few months and will continue to throughout the year.
I am always here to take your feedback and also pass it on to various teams as well.

All the best,

Josh

Hi Josh,

Firstly thank you for continuing to engage on this forum, a couple of questions if I may

1. Do you have a timeline for improving the VFR capabilities of ForeFlight in Europe? Improved basemap, airspace and obstacle warnings, inclusion of all airfields including gliding sites. Owning frequencies for airspace etc etc.

2. The new routing functionality to include/avoid waypoints and FIR’s is great BUT I think it was a mistake to include solely in the performance plus subscription. There are many SEP pilots who could use this option to avoid long overwater legs etc, the pro plus is squarely aimed at such IFR pilots and it would be a great addition for this group as well.

Xlr8tr wrote:

Rarely experience a crash, even on longer flights.

Changed to submarine mode briefly one hour before the end of the flight?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Changed to submarine mode briefly one hour before the end of the flight?

Looks that way doesn’t it!

Nah – it was all smooth, no idea why the track log did that

I have several track logs where the application continued tracking after I landed, sit in my car and drove home

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Xlr8tr wrote:

Hi Josh,

Firstly thank you for continuing to engage on this forum, a couple of questions if I may

1. Do you have a timeline for improving the VFR capabilities of ForeFlight in Europe? Improved basemap, airspace and obstacle warnings, inclusion of all airfields including gliding sites. Owning frequencies for airspace etc etc.

2. The new routing functionality to include/avoid waypoints and FIR’s is great BUT I think it was a mistake to include solely in the performance plus subscription. There are many SEP pilots who could use this option to avoid long overwater legs etc, the pro plus is squarely aimed at such IFR pilots and it would be a great addition for this group as well.

Hi @Xlr8tr,

Apologies for not getting back sooner.

Yes, I do have some updates:

• Look for some updates shortly for Airspace Frequencies and the next round of Basemap improvements
  • We are currently working through the data to include additional airfields, microlights, glider sites, helipads, etc. Once we have that set, we need to do some development against the test database to allow for items like flight planning, etc.
  • After Airspace frequencies, we should be on track to start working on airspace alerts, however, obstacle alerts exist today (link). If there is something more on obstacles, please let me know though.

On your second point, I do understand and appreciate your feedback on the 2nd update to route constraints. I have shared the same feedback with our team as well as. My goal is to continue to educate on existing products, features, and needs of the European market and continue to push for their best interests.

Apologies again for the delay and I hope everyone on the form stays happy and healthy.

- Josh

FF Director of Product - International
KGTU, United States

I am using ForeFlight on an iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro and iPhone 11 and I never experienced a single crash.

Germany
Sign in to add your message