Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

Hi @RobertL18C,

Derek is correct. You can make adjustments by going to foreflight.com/buy and adjusting your account. Should you need help, just reach out to [email protected]

ForeFlight - Head of International Gr...
KGTU, United States

Hi @UdoR,

Slightly different scenario between the Jeppesen charts and the Government charts which is where Peter’s issue comes in, but yes the goal is to get them working the same. Peter, I’ve been watching the progress with the development team on this one as they are actively working to fix the issue so should have a fix out soon. Won’t be in the April release as that is already in testing just as a heads up.

KGTU, United States

ForeFlight European Add-Ons

Then scroll down to UK. Current cost showing as £58. From memory, they cancel your current subscription, give you a rebate for the unused part, and then you start a new subscription with the add-on. (Or, that is how it worked a few years ago I believe. I no longer have ForeFlight, so don’t know if that is still the case.)

Derek
Stapleford (EGSG), Denham (EGLD)

You have to buy the UK CAA 1:500k charts. I have them on my FF

How do you add them to a Basic Europe subscription?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Re charts not displaying I took two iPads on my last flight where one had actual charts and the other one outdated charts (only Jeppesen charts outdated, I took it out of the Jepp chart subscription because it doesn’t get FF updates any more, it’s an iPad mini 4). Both showed the charts, where the other one had a red text box stating “expired”. But it displayed the charts as usual. It hasn’t seen Jepp charts updates for four or five months (that’s about when FF issued the notification, that the iPad mini 4 won’t see FF updates any more). This is what it should be. So something’s wrong in your setup @Peter.

Germany

Thank you Josh. Someone else told me that packing the trip would probably get around this, but it doesn’t help with unplanned stuff. For planned stuff, including planned alternates, I will have printed Jepp charts anyway.

You should have some reasonable expiry on the AIP plates, like 3 months. Yet FF seems to ditch them at (or a few days after) the start of each AIRAC cycle, which is more aggressive than any panel mount avionics choose to do, and is seriously detrimental to safety.

Affirm on EDNY, subject to wx, and subject to slot change availability if wx-dictated. The slot system is totally broken. Just checked some alternative slots and there basically are none.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

@Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight can you address the problem in FF whereby the AIP terminal charts are suppressed for display even if they are only very slightly out of the AIRAC cycle?

It is very possible to go for a week since the last FF update and it won’t display the charts.

Above

Hi Peter,

I’ve checked in with the team and we have an open case for this issue. Just waiting to have someone free up to look at it. In the interim, always a good habit to use the pack feature before a flight can ensure you have the latest information needed.

All the best,
Josh

P.S. will I see you at Aero this year?

KGTU, United States

You have to buy the UK CAA 1:500k charts. I have them on my FF.

Administrator

Any body figured out how to display UK VFR charts? I only get the SE corner of England, presumably using a French chart?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

@Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight can you address the problem in FF whereby the AIP terminal charts are suppressed for display even if they are only very slightly out of the AIRAC cycle?

It is very possible to go for a week since the last FF update and it won’t display the charts.

Above

Administrator
1838 Posts
Sign in to add your message