Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Requirements / Limitations for a US homebuilt to be based in Europe?

Obviously... I am thinking of this

It is a US Experimental.

In some cases these, I believe, can go onto a UK Permit or Annex 2 or whatever it is called.

While ex RAF jets like the Jet Provost are on Permit, I have never seen it done with an imported turboprop.

What would be the route?

I do realise that no matter what you do it won't have an ICAO CofA so international flight (even within Europe) will need prior permits, except where there is a mutual acceptance.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Even if it is on a UK Permit it would be limited to Day/VFR....

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

The performance specs are interesting, 270 economy cruise at 23gph and 4 minutes to FL280, with a range of 1315.... NICE!

Are you sure you want to fly this, Peter? You should be sat in the back drinking champagne, while you let us do the hard work for you ;)

It does highlight some of the negatives about Europe here, as could you really get the use out of that here with DAY/VFR only... Leaving it on the N-Reg wouldn't help, I assume, as it is US Experimental.

EDHS, Germany

Actually, yes, my brain must have been dead. No IFR = useless, especially at that performance level.

No night one could live with, at a push.

Administrator

No night one could live with, at a push.

At a push? Where can we use it? :)

I think I've used my NQ twice since I got it... and those have only been solo circuits to renew the currency in case I needed it... But then I do get stuck by the A/G to be present requirement and at the weekends people do want to go home and actually see their families, even pilots ;)

EDHS, Germany

This may be relevant.

Administrator
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message