Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Headsets (merged)

Does anyone here have experience of Phonak vs Bose A20? The Bose have good attentuation but clamping is uncomfortable. Looking purely at published dB features, the Bose active + passive seems to have better total attenuation than phonak. I have to buy another headset soon and curious about these in ear

Peter wrote:

Welcome to EuroGA @ASW22
How much did you pay for the custom made inserts?

Thanks, Peter.

The price for the custom made inserts was included. I paid the technician who did the imprints about 15-20€.

Austria

I have tested the Nflightmic headset and am impressed

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I use A20’s and sometimes Qc25 with uflymike for longer flights.

Firstly A20’s are amazing in a piston acft, they work really well, but yes the clamping force can be uncomfortable for longer periods, and one thing I dont like is if you wear sunglasses, you break the sound seal.

QC25 with Uflymikes, work well but in a jet aircraft only. Many people praise them, but I doubt they ever had A20’s before.

They are comfortable for me and I used them when flying the jet, but still they dont touch the A20’s in terms of noise cancellation. I guess they miss that passive protection that A20’s offer.
Other then that, Uflymike is a rip off for such a easy to make product, and its not even a rocket science to make it.
I defo wouldn’t recommend spending your money on buying it

Evo400

“Thick” sunglass arms break the sound seal on the A20’s (or any headset), but thin ones won’t.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Indeed, the best sunglasses for flying are the likes of Silhouettes

but not only are they expensive but they also break just outside the warranty – unless you never put them in the case, which is possible with glasses that live in the plane.

However I found that even better is to put the earpieces above the heaset. It looks rather un-cool but nobody can see you

I have the QC25 too. It is a wonderful noise cancelling headset for airline and train travel and may work in a “smooth” MEP like a 421C, but doesn’t work anything like the A20 in a SEP.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

My A20 mic stopped working on the intercom/radio but works fine for bluetooth calls. Maybe something to do with impedance on the mic cable/jack? Pretty good service from Bose with same day UPS pickup. They reckon they’ll have it back to me within a week. Going back to my backup headset is like not having any headphones on!

EIMH, Ireland

Anyone here ever heard of B A C noise cancelling headphones?
Some info in german/sorry:

always learning
LO__, Austria

Looks like a cheap Chinese headset

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

It’s supposed to be made in germany and noise cancellation as good as A20.

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message