Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Headsets (merged)

Presumably that’s because in order for it to detect when it’s connected to a radio/intercom, the electronics would need to be permanently powered to know when to fully turn on.

That is easy enough. Many years ago I designed a product which released fire doors to auto close upon “hearing” a fire alarm. It used about 10 microamps. And years before that I designed an underwater device which listened to a coded audio signal; that had to run for several years and the job was achieved by having an ultra low power timer (under 1 µA) which turned on the main circuit for 1 second every few mins.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I find life is good with an in-ear Clarity Aloft headset that has no batteries and does not need noise cancellation. It’s a bit delicate but you do figure out how to use it and don’t have to worry about Auto-anything. The sound quality is also better than other headsets I’ve used.

greg_mp wrote:

Ok, so it cannot work on a standard GA-2plug type. but I find hard to understand the “auto” criteria if in fact it just powers on as soon as it’s powered…

Presumably that’s because in order for it to detect when it’s connected to a radio/intercom, the electronics would need to be permanently powered to know when to fully turn on. That would rundown your batters when “powered off”.

With those on aircraft power it’s easier. “If you have power use it.” No batteries to run down.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

I would deal with that by not putting on the headset

Administrator

greg_mp wrote:

but I find hard to understand the “auto” criteria if in fact it just powers on as soon as it’s powered…

Because you may not want to turn on noise cancelation automatically when power on. E.g. I never turn on noise cancelation before starting the engine.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Ok, so it cannot work on a standard GA-2plug type. but I find hard to understand the “auto” criteria if in fact it just powers on as soon as it’s powered…

Last Edited by greg_mp at 20 Dec 17:20
LFMD, France

greg_mp wrote:

Any idea when they plan to make it working? :D

To understand you correctly, you have a post-2015 (BT Gen 2) LEMO headset cable with Auto-On switch, it’s set to On and the headset doesn’t turn on with ship’s power?

Last Edited by mri at 20 Dec 12:28
mri
LFSB, LFGA, Switzerland

mri wrote:

Bose added the Auto-On in 2015.

Any idea when they plan to make it working? :D

Last Edited by greg_mp at 20 Dec 08:05
LFMD, France

Yes; I can see this now. Thanks.

Administrator

@Peter see my post #45.