Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA is four years old

The number of “real pilots” (as distinct from accidental readers) visiting us each day is growing all the time. That is great because it means the content is interesting, the layout of the site is attractive, it works great on mobile devices (the majority of readers today) etc.

But it is not so easy to get people to make themselves known and drop in a line or two

There are numerous reasons why people don’t post – one previous thread here

There is however a long way to go in the very terms of awareness among European pilots. For a fact, the vast majority of pilots have not heard of us. We need to promote EuroGA as much as possible and this is very effective. Many more people than currently do this, could do it. The effort is virtually zero Personally, I routinely donate to developers of free software if I find it useful, and leaving a few leaflets at your local airfield costs even less. And some percentage of new readers do contribute… quite a number of new posters have appeared recently.

Otherwise, the best thing anyone here can do is to start a thread on some interesting topic. There is a never-ending supply of great topics in GA – VFR and IFR. It doesn’t have to be the repetitive stuff which dominates the printed magazines (carb icing, etc) and frankly most other forums.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Congratulations! Keep up the good work.

EKRK, Denmark

Great stuff Peter & David!
I’m going to print out a few EuroGA flyers and distribute them in LOLW and LOWL so we can grow the community airport by airport.

It is even easier I can send you a load of the printed ones, if you PM me your address. I have a big stack on my desk right here – enough for about 20 airports.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Congratulations!

I’m very greatful for a great forum with no ads and very few troll types! :-)

I have learned a huge amount from EuroGA and Would definitely say that EuroGA has inspired me to be more adventurous with my own flying. I’ve made it to Holland, Italy, Solvinia and Croatia for the first time this year and the information and help I received form other forum members has been fantastic.

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

Happy 4th birthday, Peter!!! Great job!

Tököl LHTL

Happy 4th!

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Happy 4th!
Thanks a lot Peter and David for setting this up and developing it into a great community which i enjoy a lot and which continues to teach me!

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Congratulations! Time really flies… I’m a regular reader of the forum since I got invited through my pprune account by Peter. I’m not much of a writer though. Probably because I’m not a native speaker and it takes me a bit more time to respond.

jkv
EHEH

Hooray both for Peter and David, but also for the rest of us!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message