Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA is four years old

Boscomantico, why so negative all the time? It’s all very well playing devils advocate, but it needs to be balanced with some positive input and encouragement too!

Great, congrats learning loads here! Wim

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Congratulations. Very useful site.

LPFR, Poland

A very informative and well moderated site – have learned a lot and really appreciate the ability to get real information about European destinations. It must take a lot of work to keep this going so many thanks, much appreciated.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Thank you to those who run the forum, and to everyone contributing interesting stuff.

For the 5 years, we should organize a huge party!

Cool

How about tapatalk compatibility ? I know I have one or 2 other sites in there, so it could be useful even though the site is very legible on mobile devices.
Just saying, I have no idea what it entails…

Pierre

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg

Bobo wrote:

Does it need to?

Good question. First, congratulations with the anniversary to EGA

Then to more serious matters My impression is that EuroGA includes maybe 1-2% of the GA “activity”, and is in no way representative of the average pilot in Europe. EuroGA is very much a small club of gentlemen (more or less) and has an “upper class” feel to it (nothing wrong with that, but it’s nothing good either, it is not very exciting or informative in the long run).

It does not need to grow, unless it wants to become a grown-up with a broader perspective. My impression is that most people here want to keep EuroGA just as it is. I am of a different opinion. But then again, there are other places, other communities with different perspectives. There is no single community that kind of catches the pulse of private flying in Europe, and EuroGA could be that place, but has a long way to go yet.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Can you be more specific, LeSving?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Happy Birthday to us.

Regarding post 27 by Le Sving – I sort of agree with him. EuroGA is for me a place for the technocrats and those with loads of money to throw at aviation. The content is predominatly IFR. No problem at all – if it was I would not pop in 5 or 6 times a day In the process I learn a lot but most of it not applicable to a VFR flyer with limited means.

There have been some great threads – the current trip from Africa shines out – but for the rest, little to excite me. Of course that is also very much down to the input from forum members so I plead guilty in that regard.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

and those with loads of money to throw at aviation

I like to think there is a reasonable proportion of farm strip type contributors at EuroGA (ie the cheap stalls). There is also a reasonable amount of VFR postings.

The experimental crowd is a bit thin on the ground (two or three forumites), but the Annex 2-Tailwheel crew seem to be out in reasonable force (at least half a dozen to a dozen regular contributors).

There is a lot of contributors operating simple certified aircraft, some in a syndicate-share-o-plane where their budget has to be very very reasonable. Flying used to proselytise how flying a 172 might be cheaper than some standard leisure activities, not sure this is still the case, but an early 172 is still a very reasonable budget aircraft.

I also appreciate the turbine crowd contribution and am glad they are on the site – I assume their flying budget is mainly business related and hopefully making the EU economy grow at least a bit.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message