Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Glycol / TKS fluid and where to buy it

Can anyone recommend where to purchase TKS fluid.
Many thanks.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

It is expensive, anywhere you buy it. Aero-Sense does indeed seem to be the “least expensive”. Don’t buy it at you maintenance shop – they will treat it like liquid gold.

If you have a good source for the ingredients, you can brew your own. The “mixture” is simple and public. I did this in the past and the litre came down to between 3 and 5 Euros, IIRC.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I bought some from Silmid.

Expensive…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’ve been looking at this recently and these people seemed quite good value, depending on how much you want.

Also, I think if you can give them a VAT number you can avoid the VAT too.

Copy of email below.

Oxford and Bidford

Anyone have any idea why Glycol is forbidden to be imported into the EU?

Also does anyone have a source for a wholesale distributor in Germany?

KHTO, LHTL

I wasn’t aware Glycol is forbidden to be imported into the EU.
You may buy it from Aerosense in Belgium www.aero-sense.com

WellsA
LSZA

What I did recently learn when I tried to get some TKS fluid shipped inside the US, is that it seems to be dangerous goods so usually has to be shipped by ground transport. The producer whom I wanted to buy from was in St. Louis, and I was in San Diego, and only had 3 day left to organize a purchase and shipment. They said they would need 5 days to get it shipped.

Maybe that is the real reason you hit a roadblock when trying to order TKS overseas.

BTW, when you order 55 usgal in the US, the price per liter comes down to 2.91 $ (even without their special offer for 50 $ off your first ordered drum), compared to 6.62 US-$ per liter if you order a 200 l drum from Aerosense… Actually that is still a reasonable relation if you compare it to what we pay for Avgas in Europe.

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 19 Oct 15:03

At the time, I contacted Wittig and yes, they are a little less expensive than Aerosense (who still seem to get the bulk of the business, cause that’s the place pilots seem to know). But in the end, the prices are all in the same ballpark. Roughly between 4 and 8 Euros per litre (VAT and freight included), depending on quantity bought.
There is nothing one can do to get it for less around here (except brewing your own TKS fluid, in which case the cost per litre depends on what you pay for the ingredients).

What is important is to never buy from maintenance outfits (a bit like with O2).

Last Edited by boscomantico at 19 Oct 16:53
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
75 Posts
Sign in to add your message