Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Glycol / TKS fluid and where to buy it

What sort of filter material should be safe with TKS fluid? I am thinking about this

I know about the moron issue. The world is rapidly filling up with them… it makes up a fair chunk of one’s day dealing with them. Everything is “Hazmat” these days.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That is not the type we used but if it filters to 1 micron it should be OK but understand the consistency of Glycol is I believe thicker than Diesel fuel. So you have to have a good pump able to deliver good pressure otherwise you’ll be there all day.

KHTO, LHTL

I need to sort out a cheap supply. The big batch of fluid I got from another pilot came from Far North Aviation in Scotland…

We just ordered 220 liters from here:
http://www.ultrablue-deicing.de/produkt/ultrablue-tks-dtd406b-al-5/

Shipping to NL was 81 EUR.

Think that’s the cheapest you can get at 3,66 EUR (ex VAT) per liter. German VAT is currently 16%.

Thanks; that’s not a bad deal.

Far North Aviation are quoting £840 for one 200 litre barrel (£4.20/litre) plus £98 delivery within the UK, all plus VAT.

Administrator

I have the following quote from Ultrablue

UltraBlue TKS DTD406B Al-5
Deicing fluid for TKS deicing equipment
Qty.: 220 Ltr. filled in canister or barrel
3,28 Euro/Ltr.
Freight / transport costs to Brighton 254,00 Euro
Prices: net (export)
Quantity: see above
Delivery: DAP
Delievery-time: 5-6 days
Packing: incl
Payment: in advance

The transport cost is pretty big! They are also refusing to confirm if there will be extra charges by the shipper, at the receiving end. This is the standard post-brexit extortion practice, by some. This company is using DHL Freight so I am trying to check with them.

Administrator

That’s very cheap. I ordered two times from them and shipping cost for Croatia was zero.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

The transport cost is pretty big! They are also refusing to confirm if there will be extra charges by the shipper, at the receiving end. This is the standard post-brexit extortion practice, by some. This company is using DHL Freight so I am trying to check with them.

There will almost certainly be. They are quoted “Net (export)” so you’ll have to pay UK VAT on entry to the UK. DHL will charge an admin fee also.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Yes; this is normal; we use DHL for import regularly. Import VAT and a small admin charge.

I just don’t want to get ripped off for some other charge. We will check with DHL from our end, and probably arrange for them to collect.

However, I can’t believe Emir got the delivery for free. This is road transport and Croatia is as far from this supplier as the UK. Somebody must be taking the p1ss here… Probably, brexit is an “opportunity”

Administrator

I too am surprised he got it free.

When I tried to order some deicing stuff from the UK (a few years ago), the delivery charges were quite expensive due it being considered hazardous materials.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Has someone tried https://www.aero-sense.com/en/online-shop/de-icing-and-anti-icing/tks-de-icing-fluid ? Dunno what their price for 200l is.

ELLX
Sign in to add your message