Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Glycol / TKS fluid and where to buy it

I would love to know why they just cant post the damn price instead of having me go thru the trouble and time of requesting a quote. I mean seriously if I have blond hair it would be a different price? What gives?:

http://www.aero-sense.com/de-icing-chemicals-for-aviation.html
KHTO, LHTL

Alibaba wants a 1 ton minimum shipment. From China no less. I guess the Chinese and the EU have a special deal.

KHTO, LHTL

Even if it was 1 $ per liter, I wouldn’t want to order my TKS fluid from China. Call me prejudiced, but I wouldn’t trust it to be the correct formula.

The “problem with the internet” and online shopping is that you no longer get any intelligence on what customers would like to see. You just get a sale, or no sale. This is a massive problem for businesses of all kinds. So anybody who thinks they have a grip on some market sector won’t publish prices, in the hope of extracting some market intelligence from callers/emailers. Also publishing prices makes the market much more competitive. Yeah, I hate it too.

I would not buy it from China either. 90% of businesses in China don’t make anything but buy it from somebody down the road. And nobody there gives a **** about consequences. It is mostly a dog eat dog, screw you place. Among all this there are a few real gems but you won’t easily find them on google.

For my prop TKS, the price is virtually irrelevant – 20 litres lasts ~ 5 years. I will be telling a different story when the full system goes in this winter It will be cheaper to DIY mix with water and Pimms

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I was looking at the Alcohol Free version which technically is less flammable and therefore non hazardous but again I have to call same as in the US. for a price.

KHTO, LHTL

Last time I brewed my own batch if I knew it was going to be this much of a b***buster I would have cooked up 220 gals which should have lasted my entire flying career.

KHTO, LHTL

After around two years the pH value won’t be good anymore and you need to dump it, so unfortunately you can’t mix it once and use it forever. At least that is what some people in the know wrote on the Internet :). Was it here or on COPA? I think it was the latter.

Ive made the batch years ago with another bud and it is working flawlessly. No complaints. So if anyone has any expired TKS they need to get rid of Ill take it off their hands.
KHTO, LHTL

What would be the chemistry which would cause it to degrade?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message