Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Glycol / TKS fluid and where to buy it

I used Wittig Ultra blue but that’s now also more then two years ago something like 63 euro for 80L shipment cost from DE to BE

EBST

Does anyone know if all “TKS” fluids can be mixed?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
G3x
LKKU, Czech Republic
. . . . dangerous goods – ridiculous. I can mail order all sorts of thinners in 10 , 20, 30 l canisters, no problems. These fluids are really dangerous, but TKS ?? Seems like excuses for outrageous postage costs. Vic
vic
EDME

I lately purchased some from www.aircraftspruce.eu the big advantage was that they seem to handle it like an other item regarding shipping (probably up to 20l per order due to weight) and simply put it in a normal package. The others like areosense wanted to hire some specilised dangerous goods company etc. They seem to ship up to 20 litersl to the UK for less than 30 Euro shipping charges.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Does anyone have an up to date source which ships to the UK?

I am down to 10 litres and need to get some more.

Otherwise I will try Far North (above).

Administrator

Update on UltraBlue source.

Had my German speaking friend call up. He asked about the TKS and was given the name of the sales person. He told my friend to go on line and make the request. I had asked him to get a quote for the TKS with and without Alcohol and shipping costs to an airport inside Germany near the border. Everything was professionally handled. So it seems speaking the language does help.

Good news 220Lts is 800Euros plus Vat and no shipping charges within Germany. They do not ship outside of Germany. So I will have them ship (truck) it to an airport near the German border and have a trucking company pick it up from there and bring it to BP and eventually onto Croatia.
The bad news is that the Trucking company wants 500 Euros to pick up in Germany then to truck to BP. I havent gotten the quote to Croatia yet.

Gee what about barging it down the Danube?

KHTO, LHTL

Bought from them directly. I contacted them a while ago and they still do it. Whether they are the cheapest, I don’t remember. I can’t find a quote. I found this email:

The composition is made too DTD.406B (British Specification) or more commonly known as TKS406B.
This consists off :
Ethanediol (BS.2537) 85% Volume
Isopropanol (BS.1595) 5 % Volume
Distilled Water 10 % Volume
Best regards
Drew Murray
Far North Aviation
(+44)01955 602 201

I suspect FN will be the cheapest for UK customers, because of blatent profiteering on shipping costs to the UK shipping issues from the EU.

Administrator

“That stuff was made by Far North Aviation”
“Bought from”?.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

I get these issues too in my business. All kinds of funny stuff goes on. But it is improving.

Administrator
75 Posts
Sign in to add your message