Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Freight company From Rotterdam to Germany

I had two TKS containers 5 gal each held up in customs. Its non Hazardous. Now its in a warehouse ready to ship but I need a reasonably priced Freight company to ship it to Germany.

Does anyone have a freight company I can call?

Thanks In Advance.

KHTO, LHTL

A former flight student of mine has a freight company close to the dutch border: http://www.kts-transporte.de/pages/Kontakt.htm

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Thanks Ill give him a call.

KHTO, LHTL

you could also try anyvan.com – i used the website to find someone who shipped the entire contents of a 2 bed apartment from London to the Alps for £750 :)

EGKB

Which location in Germany? I am driving from Belgium, near Bruges to Bratislava the first week of December, could make a minor detour if you are on route? I will be routing through Luxembourg, Hockenheim, Nuremberg and Prague. Two 5 ltr containers, so less than 10kg? Why do you need a shipping company, the Post or Fed-Ex UPS etc would not charge much?

5gal so 20 liters…
TKS is around 1kg per liter so 40kg total…

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

My apologies, it was a bit of a Gimli Glider moment! Read “Gal” but thought litres!! That explains why Fedex etc not prefered! As my instructor used to say “RTFQ”, indeed.

I’m afraid I don’t have any better leads on logistics companies, @C210_Flyer . But it would be interesting to hear where you finally ordered the TKS and how much you paid there? Also, if it was really forbidden to be imported into the EU, or if it was a shipping issue. After we discussed it in the other thread.

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 02 Nov 08:20

maxallup wrote:

Which location in Germany? I am driving from Belgium, near Bruges to Bratislava the first week of December, could make a minor detour if you are on route? I will be routing through Luxembourg, Hockenheim, Nuremberg and Prague. Two 5 ltr containers, so less than 10kg? Why do you need a shipping company, the Post or Fed-Ex UPS etc would not charge much?

That would be great I can fly into Bratislava. Since Im in BP 3 out of 4 weeks a month. When will you be there?

KHTO, LHTL

Actually 1 gal of TKS weighs in at 9.2 lbs so each 5 gal container is 49 lbs or 20.9 Kg

KHTO, LHTL
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message