Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New aircraft tracking sites

How about public name & address on CAA website for GINFO? or company check ltd.gov?

For practical purposes, you can consider GDPR fines to apply on US tech companies operating in EU, for private aircraft movements you may need something strong like this to get a good justice case

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/french-man-sues-uber-glitch-wife-track-affair-45-million-infidelity-taxi-app-a7571171.html

Last Edited by Ibra at 11 Dec 16:38
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

dejwu wrote:

and yes, FR24 is of same opinion and my aircraft is blocked from showing on their site for a long time

Good for you, but privacy in our days has well-gone BMO.

There is zero GDPR enforcement. It has made zero difference to spam which was the main driving factor. It is just another EU driven “consumer protection” thing, without thinking about the practicalities and to hell with side effects. It has merely made it hard for small organisations to keep in touch with their members or customers. For example EuroGA cannot email people about fly-ins unless they have agreed to receive the emails (a checkbox in their profile) and about 2/3 haven’t, but a lot of people complain to me by email when they have missed a fly-in

IMHO that Uber guy was foolish, to be having a bit on the side, while having dinner cooked and his socks washed at home, and hoping he won’t get caught If you are going to do that you will get caught eventually, and there are so many ways… I know one guy who got caught with his trousers around his ankles when his Iphone SMS messages got synced to their home Imac (the I-message feature, which few people know how it works). Also any woman with >2 braincells can tell there is something going on (but not all are willing to face the possibility)…

The person who knows all about your life and your affairs is not FR24 but whoever processes your GAR forms So you need to ask yourself who that person is, and whether you want him to know all that…

It is no use blaming FR24 when anybody with a £10 USB TV stick, modified with a proper length antenna, can receive the Mode S or ADS-B packets from a huge area. Then you can watch who you want, down to a specified aircraft. You will see all Eurocontrol IFR traffic, all ADS-B OUT emitters (SIL=whatever), but – like FR24 – you won’t see VFR traffic which wants to be below the radar e.g. large sections of the GA community, in various countries. FR24 is just a handy scapegoat because they make money out of it. The real privacy issues will be individuals tracking individuals, or e.g. bizjet charter companies tracking their competitors’ flights, and if they can’t use FR24 they will set up their own receiver. And nobody will know about it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

https://www.360radar.co.uk/ is another, claiming specifically to not filter anything out.

Administrator

Did you find the Sala flight on it ??

It is £20/year and I am not going to pay £20 to check that out.

Administrator
Administrator

Here’s part of an e-mail that I got from FR24 when removing my plane:

Blocking on Flightradar24 will not block the aircraft from any other similar online services. You will need to contact each service individually to be removed there as well. Some of these services are:
flightaware
radarbox
planefinder

There are also services that focus especially on military and blocked aircraft and they never block or remove any data. By blocking on Flightradar24 you will become more attractive and exposed by services such as:
adsbexchange
adsbhub
360radar
opensky network
rawflight

From the ones mentioned, I found that Opensky was free and had the flights I was looking for.

LPFR, Poland

Peter wrote:

Another tracking site: https://radar.freedar.uk/VirtualRadar/desktop.html

Currrently looking at 4x Aircraft over SW France on FR24 that arent on that site, but are on the Opensky site??

Would anyone agree that Flightaware is much better resolution than FR24?

Administrator
Sign in to add your message