Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

D-ESPJ TB20 crash near Annecy, France, 25/11/2016

Peter wrote:

Does anyone have Airnav Pro and could get a screenshot of what the map looks like in this area?

I think anyone using it will likely keep a low profile….. :)

EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

I think anyone using it will likely keep a low profileā€¦.. :)

Ah well sod it, let me be that person :-)
!!

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Thanks – that one does show enough elevations to not be flying at 6500ft anywhere near there.

Your ANP chart seems to be identical to the IGN (?) one downloaded from their online site here (as discussed here ) except for some overlaid info.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The screenshot I posted earlier in the thread is ANP – with IGN chart, unless I took it from Geoportal.fr which also shows the IGN chart

Last Edited by Aviathor at 16 Dec 13:10
LFPT, LFPN

OK; let me phrase it a bit differently, not myself being familiar with ANP… What kind of mapdata would an ANP user likely have if based in Germany but flying to France on a one-off trip, and assume this is a “non-IT” kind of guy.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I don’t think there are any default aviation base maps.

I would venture they would most probably use the IGN map. I confirm that there is no aviation base map. Only airspace. The chart posted by LFHNflightstudent I believe shows the downloaded airspace data overlayed on the chart.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 16 Dec 18:56
LFPT, LFPN

So you only have airspace data in Air Nav Pro and need to buy additional map data for each country?

ESTL

Yes. There is a collection of freebees, including airspace data, OpenStreetMaps, some topographic maps… You need to buy the aviation stuff. There is some elevation data displayed on the route profile.

LFPT, LFPN

Anders,

exactly. That’s why the base app is so cheap!

However, what you can do is load free geographical base maps and then put the aeronautical data on top of it, which makes it a cheap (and terrible quality) solution, but I guess some cheapskates fly with (just) that…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 16 Dec 19:16
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message