Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Buying a "D" Registration Aircraft

I have just bought a German registered Meridian and I am a UK national. As I don’t live in Germany, I am required to nominate a “Receiving Agent” as part of the new owner registration process.

Does anyone know of an organisation that offers this service?

Thanks,

Phil

Lydd

Mike a part time instructor at Andrewsfield owns a D-reg Cessna 170A, also based at Andrewsfield – he may be able to help you out?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I think the most CAMOs will gladly act as the mailbox for you. Or will you go non-CAMO?

Otherwise, anybody you know would do. It’s not that the LBA will send letters to that address very often. Actually very very rarely.

Don’t pay any extra money for this “service”, which isn’t a service at all, really.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thanks for the advice, I had thought of asking Piper Germany to act as Receiving Agent as they look after the aircraft now. But I am moving the maintenance and CAMO to the UK so wondered how they might react to that…….No harm asking though!

Lydd

Definitely. I am sure Piper Germany act as such for tons of aircraft, even if they are not or no longer the CAMO for the them.

Why would Piper Germany operate a “letter box” for planes they don’t service? They must charge for this service.

Sometimes a seller offers the service, as an inducement to the buyer, but I have heard multiple stories of walking away from it shortly after the money is transferred.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Why would Piper Germany operate a “letter box” for planes they don’t service?

Maybe because they are the Piper agent – appreciate there is an agent in the UK as well, but isnt the “main” agency the German agent? If so I guess it is a way of supporting the product, after all the parts will all eventually come from them. Good to see if they do as it is always rather reassuring to see the agent supporting their product without charging for everything.

You’re also able to register it in UK as the two countries are ruled by EASA.

It’s not a matter, I did it from Germany to France.

Golden rule: NEVER do a change of registration (not even within EASA!) unless you have very very good reasons for doing so. It usually end up as a

Asking the seller to be my Receiving Agent wouldn’t help in any case as he was Italian and had no idea who is own Receiving Agent was. I suspect it must have been Piper Germany as they have been maintaining it for years.

But I did think it was a bit cheeky for me to ask Piper Germany to receive documents on my behalf in the circumstances. But like Peter, I hope they may see this as supporting Piper Aircraft in Europe.

I will let you know how I get on..

Lydd
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message