Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ANY installed transponder must be turned ON

Rwy20 wrote:

Please name that law for me, would be really interesting.

SERA 2005 should cover the lot.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

Seriously? You claimed that Norway has a special national law that would make everything in the AIP binding (or, as you wrote: “the law say that AIP shall be followed”). I ask you for a reference to that Norwegian law, which would be the first of its kind worldwide. And you come up with the European Rules of the Air and quote the article “Compliance with the rules of the air” as the basis for your claim.

It is really completely useless trying to have a meaningful discussion with you.

Rwy20 wrote:

It is really completely useless trying to have a meaningful discussion with you.

You don’t like my answer, and therefore it is meaningless discussing?? As a note, I didn’t engage in any discussion with you. Everyone has to follow SERA either way, and therefore also the AIP.

Rwy20 wrote:

You claimed that Norway has a special national law that would make everything in the AIP binding

I did not. I said the AIP includes a regulation saying an operational transponder must be turned on regardless of airspace, and included the reference. Then I said the law requires you to follow the AIP. SERA does. Is SERA law or not? nitpicking, semantics and irrelevant.

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

SERA 2005 does not require to follow the AIP.

SERA 2005 only requires compliance with the Rules of the Air, which are the general rules, VFR or IFR, and “local provisions”.

SERA mentiones the AIP, or more general “publications”, mostly telling authorities what that publication has to contain, for example that airspace classes have to be promulgated in the AIP.

Biggin Hill

LeSving wrote:

nitpicking, semantics and irrelevant

No, you trying to lecture us about something of which you clearly have no understanding.

LeSving wrote:

Do you mean that “the applicable local provisions” refers to the AIP? That’s really stretching it.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

The Norwegian AIP (and AICs) is published by Avinor, a state owned limited company and has nothing to do with law. It is simply information.

Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

Rwy20 wrote:

No, you trying to lecture us about something of which you clearly have no understanding.

Christ, relax. I’m not lecturing anyone. I’m only telling you how I see it. I know the AIP is “information”. And that is the whole point here. We are supposed to follow the provisions in the AIP, for instance procedures about radio, transponder, avionics, airspaces just to name a few. The consequences for not doing so can be severe. Therefore there has to exist a law somewhere that say we have to, or we cannot be “prosecuted” for failing to do so.

IMO SERA does the trick, but maybe not. Maybe we have to dig deeper ? Why don’t you come up with something yourself ? Or do you thing it is OK to be fined, to lose your license, to even go to jail for breaking some arbitrary “information” ?

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

We are supposed to follow the provisions in the AIP, for instance procedures about radio, transponder, avionics, airspaces just to name a few. The consequences for not doing so can be severe.

Pilot forums are full of reports (mostly emanating from Germany but also used to come from the UK) of people being prosecuted for this or that, inexplicably, but nobody ever came back with details of whether the prosecution was successful.

You can’t be prosecuted unless there is a law supporting it.

The AIP, in the absence of a supporting law, is not enough. It is probably good airmanship to follow it, and you can get mega hassle if you don’t, but a court case?

Therefore there has to exist a law somewhere that say we have to, or we cannot be “prosecuted” for failing to do so.

Exactly.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks Peter. Exactly my thoughts as well.

NCO.GEN.110 does the trick

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
Sign in to add your message