Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Picture the person from the postings

Years ago there was a funny thread on another site, whereby people would try to guess what somebody looks like.

I used to be on there (don’t bother with it now, and anyway it pretty well melted down) and somebody said I was somebody driving a car with alloy wheels and lots of gauges in the panel

This concept may not work so well on EuroGA because so many of us have met in person on the fly-ins…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’ve met you Peter, but I still picture you sitting in the TB20, with a couple of older laptops and gadgets around you, mobile internet, posting on euroga Oh, and often with the airplane taken apart, looking at what might be interesting under the hood.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Peter, I picture you as sleeping with a scale model of the TB20 on the pillow beside you.

Tököl LHTL

I wasn’t thinking of picturing me

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I used to do this at work, imagining what people looked like from how they sounded on the phone, which was fun. I stopped after actually meeting one person, who was twice the age and three times the weight… couldn’t have been more wrong

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Ok I’ll start:

The poster is a middle-aged white male of medium height with a college education, possibly with a science/technical focus. He took up flying rather late in life, having spent too many hours of his youth flying around the Manhattan skyline on MS Flight Simulator on his x386 VGA PC. He has vertigo but has learned to dominate his fear of heights. He’s not gregarious. He enjoys rock music, preferably older bands, but has been known to stretch his range to Coldplay. The world seems to him to be full of rather surprisingly uneducated and illogical people with no interest in understanding stuff in any detail, but he doesn’t mind too much as long as he doesn’t have to interact with those people. A day is truly wasted in which he hasn’t learned anything. He’s very wealthy compared with 90% of the population of his country of residence, but wishes he could be just a little bit richer so he could enjoy a slightly better ride. That disappears completely when the wheels of his airplane leave the ground and he thinks with the poet, “Because I fly, I envy no man on Earth”. He looks at the older geezers at his airfield hoping he has many enjoyable flying years ahead of him. He spends way too much time on EuroGA.

EGTF, LFTF

This is great! I’ll have a go.
Someone who one immediately admires and likes for being so rational during any conversation, even if in disagreement. In real life it might be a bit intimidating though, kind of because his word really carries weight. While carrying smiles and smirks during most times, also features a bit of cranky by nationality. That factor increases when he studies the price list of socata/tbm certified screws. Maybe also because he knows he lives on the wrong continent/island, but admitting that would bring with it and open a can of worms of acceptance for things non aviation that he cannot and never will reason for. A little set in his ways (trying to stick with android and desktop), a function follows form propagandist (this goes for airplane instrument panels and fashion) and slowly driven insane because his intellect is developing inverse to the general population, but he likes it that way more than not. A little torn between the satisfaction the challenges flying his humble machine give him versus just giving in to the lazy benefits something more capable could provide. In the end he prefers his capabilities to exceed those of his tools in all walks of life. Again set in his ways, and that’s to admire, because inside a truly content man.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Is the point of the exercise to describe yourself or another poster?

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Another

always learning
LO__, Austria

I would describe Snoopy as taciturn and reserved, only using one word where one word is needed, economical, but willing to help and explain when asked.

EGKB Biggin Hill
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message