Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Picture the person from the postings

denopa wrote:

been known to stretch his range to Coldplay

Oh dear god no! (Actually one of my guilty pleasures is playing ‘Trouble’ on the piano, but Colplay are just a bit too insipid overall).

Andreas IOM

LeSving wrote:

Maybe even a donkey here and there…

Well, given the occasional asinine comments, you may well be on to something ;-))

Sorry to be pedantic, but

1/ 2 standard deviations cover 68% of a population

2/ by saying I aimed to be within 2 standard deviations, I wasn’t talking about the margin of error but about the % of posters I felt I was able to cover.

Come to think of it, “He is a pedant” could be added without any coverage reduction, I think :-)

EGTF, LFTF

Well, considering two standard deviations contains 95.5 % of everybody here, and a chimpanzees and humans have 98.8 % of the DNA in common, one can only conclude that there are gorillas and baboons among us also. Maybe even a donkey here and there…

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

denopa wrote:

I was trying to describe all the posters at once, within a two standard deviation range.

It fits me uncannily well. Not exactly but within one standard deviation.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

denopa wrote:

I was trying to describe all the posters at once, within a two standard deviation range.

… and I think you pretty much nailed it !

EGTF, LFTF

I would describe Snoopy as taciturn and reserved, only using one word where one word is needed, economical, but willing to help and explain when asked.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Another

always learning
LO__, Austria

Is the point of the exercise to describe yourself or another poster?

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message