4 x life jacket
Vac pump with filters
Cleaning stuff (Plexus etc)
Rags
Oil
Camguard
Autopilot servos on long trips only
Documents

(to make a list of one item per line put 2 spaces at the end of each line - see Posting Tips)

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This is my baggage check list :
Gust Locks - Tail, Aileron. Pitot cover.
Squeegee (Get the dew off in the mornings) Oil + Fill Tube. First Aid + Cloths.
Jemmy (In case a escape required) Pee Kit (never used yet)
Canopy Cover
Tubes x 2
Charger (CTEK charger, if I leave something on (again!) I could revive a dead battery by removing it and finding power to plug it in somewhere.)
Picket Set
Compressor (This is a little £10 job, thought is, I could inflate enough from the battery to taxi for help.)
Apple charger.
Fuel Drain
AOA Drain
Fuel Dip Stick
Pliers + Snips
Knife
Adjust Spanner
Scewdriver + Bits
Elect Screw x 3
3/8” 7/16” Spanner
Socket Driver + 3/8”, 7/16”
Bag Nuts, Bolts, Screws, Washers, Lock Wire.
Alan Key – Radios.
Jubilee clips.
Wheel Spanner
Plug socket VPX Cable. Tyre Lever. Plane Papers Oxygen Kit Life Jackets Raft Emergency Bag inc Mirror

The edits - Tried to remove blank lines.

Norman
United Kingdom

Portable ELT
Various batteries and leads for headsets and other devices
First aid kit
Spare sunglasses
Ibuprofen + Rennies
Multi tool screwdriver set
Life jackets
Foot pump for tires
Fuel drain
Stopwatch
Plexglass and rags
iPad
TKS De-ice just to spray on wings on the ground to remove ice / frost
Gaffa tape + scissors
Spare Pooleys guide

VISA card

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

"Built into the aeroplane" (never removed): Life vests, oxygen masks, first-aid-kit, fire extinguishers, crash axe, smoke hood, smoke goggles, fire resistent gloves, demo vest, demo oxygen mask

Always with the aeroplane:

• Jeppesen binders (soon to be replaced by iPads)

• 1 litre of oil

• Chocks, Pitot&engine covers

• Special kit & tools (basically a screwdriver with various bits) for blocking the thrust reversers in the stowed position in case of (suspected) malfunctions. Other than that, I am not allowed to carry out any work on the aircraft, not even changing light bulbs

• Two high-viz vests for flights to the UK (anywhere else in Europe nobody cares)

In winter: Broom with telescopic handle and 10 litres of de-ice-fluid for removing frost and residues of ice

For myself:

• Headset

• Wallet

• Logbook (in case of ramp inspections in France, otherwise I would leave it at home)

• Spare glasses

• Company cellphone

• Private cellphone

• Hangar key (I always leave the car key in the hangar and the house key in the car so that I only have to carry one key with me)

• iPad

• Overnight bag (if overnight stay is scheduled or suspected)

• MacBook, magazines, books - depending on the length of the "working day"

When instructing:

• Headset

• Wallet

• Spare glasses

• Company cellphone

• Private cellphone

EDDS - Stuttgart

Other than that, I am not allowed to carry out any work on the aircraft, not even changing light bulbs

Funnily enough I recall reading a UK regulation where an ATPL holder (not a CPL/IR holder) was allowed to change light bulbs on public transport aircraft.

I think it was in the ANO, but not sure. I can't remember the applicable scenario though. Might have been a Seneca used to charter-fly a bunch of golfers, or a jet.

Re the stuff carried, I forgot to mention

Toolbox with everything needed for a 50hr service (quite heavy - about 25kg)
1 litre of IPA (I dump this in the fuel tanks during a refill if doing a flight in very cold temps)
1 litre of TKS fluid (for topping off prop TKS)
2 lightweight sleeping bags (in case of going down in some remote place)

In the cockpit:

A tablet computer running "real printed" VFR charts for all of Europe
A head torch, in case of a total loss of electrics at night
A spare headset
The official UK CAA chart for southern UK
A5-printed approach plates for various southern UK airports
A mobile phone which has a load of approach plates on it; last resort backup

Administrator

Funnily enough I recall reading a UK regulation where an ATPL holder (not a CPL/IR holder) was allowed to change light bulbs on public transport aircraft.

The UK again ;-) Probably that was introduced because "it's the way they do it in the RAF".

But since we do not carry spare lightbulbs with us, I can not succumb to the temptation of changing one myself. Even an approved maintenance shop will have to fill in an hours worth of paperwork and send faxes and mails back and forth to our CAMO and to Cessna and the Shah of Persia before they are allowed to change a bulb on our aircraft. Often it is easier and cheaper to have one of our mechanics flown in than to get maintenance done by a third party. Or make sure that things only break on the way home (which would certainly be the case with lightbulbs).

EDDS - Stuttgart

One joke is that bulbs never fail on AOC aircraft - because they get changed off the books

But presumably a German would never do such a thing

Administrator

1 litre of IPA (I dump this in the fuel tanks during a refill if doing a flight in very cold temps)

This the best suggestion so far. Perfect for a tipple after landing. Not sure why you are putting India Pale Ale into your fuel tanks though.

EGTK Oxford
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message