Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Crash LPCS (also engine failure probability on a twin)

Mooney_Driver wrote:

The Navahoe is an Avgas type however…. I’d be hard pressed to find a condition when Jet A1 blows up like that.

I am aware of that mistake I made. Alas too late to edit / delete my earlier post, so disregard. In any case, eyewitness accounts are notoriously unreliable.

172driver wrote:

eyewitness accounts are notoriously unreliable.

Very true.

I have a pilot friend who lives in Cascais – the local info is there are no airplane bits outside of the crash site, hence no “blow up” or bits came off the plane prior to impact.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Preliminary report published

http://www.gpiaa.gov.pt/

LPSR, Portugal

Doesn’t say much…

climbing with increasing left bank (clearance was for a right turn) until stalling and going in.

We’ll have to wait for the final report to make any head or toe out of this.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

PetitCessnaVoyageur wrote:

To you pilots, can I humbly ask, how that kind of tragic accidents, make you, eventually, (re)consider your taste for flying ?

They don’t. I know my time on this planet is limited. By eliminating all risk from my life, I’m not going to live forever, nor would I want to. I want to enjoy my life and that means taking a risk here and there. However I will mitigate the risk as far as possible – so means proper maintenance, proper preflight planning, following checklists etc…

EDL*, Germany

Browsing through some old reports I read the final report on this one concluding poor EFATO handling to be the cause of accident.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Yep, here is the final report

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland
47 Posts
Sign in to add your message