Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bye for Now ;-) (multiple forum personalities of Alexis)

After a long visit in Southern Germany it’s time for me to get back home to AK. I did some interesting flights around the Alps and to Croatia with a pilot friend, studied the language a bit, and I’m looking forward to my next visit in a year or two. I met some great pilots in Bavaria who let me stay in their appartments and use their cars, and even their planes, that was a fantastic experience.
I might give up the eMail under which I registered here when I’m home, but will register again with my new eMail. Driving over to Frankfurt now to catch my flight to the US :)
Dylan

Are you selling your SR22 with Berringer brakes and dual GNS430W, or are you flying it to Alaska? If so, what route? East or West?

LFPT, LFPN

After a long visit in Southern Germany it’s time for me to get back home to AK. I did some interesting flights around the Alps and to Croatia with a pilot friend, studied the language a bit, and I’m looking forward to my next visit in a year or two. I met some great pilots in Bavaria who let me stay in their appartments and use their cars, and even their planes, that was a fantastic experience.
I might give up the eMail under which I registered here when I’m home, but will register again with my new eMail. Driving over to Frankfurt now to catch my flight to the US :)
Dylan

Pure fantasy, “Dylan”.

But clearly you were expecting some feedback on your proposal.

Are you going to create your 5th username when you reappear, “Dylan”? Regulars here find it hard to keep track of your latest reincarnation, especially as the last one was a woman flying a TBM700. I had to ban the poor girl after she wrote a really vile personal attack. The one before her got banned after slagging off EuroGA and me all over the place, and then started a sh**storm of emails to half the people here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That well explains this uneasy feeling I had about Dylan’s posts and the nagging voice which kept saying “something’s not quite right here”.

Well, you guys are wrong. Sometimes things are different than they seem :). Tty in a little while.

I dont know any of the history of this but I do know that discussions are sometimes spoiled by contributors who are not “genuine”. This is a shame. It is also useful to have a sense of whether contributors have the experience they suggest. I have no basis for expressing a view one way or the other as I have not read any of the earlier posts (prior to this thread) but I am very pleased that on the whole Euro GA does not seem to have gone the way of so many other forums, and hope it may long continue in this way.

“Dylan”, don’t bother. I have zero interest in spending my limited time looking where you will pop up next and cleaning up the mess you make under your various nicknames. I am completely fed up with your antics and suggest you spend your 16 hours a day on the parts of the internet where they want maximum advert clicks.

Administrator

dylan_22 wrote:

Sometimes things are different than they seem :)

Sabine Behrle, is that you? It definitely sounded like her again… I always thought it would be just a matter of time until she descended upon this forum.

Sabine Behrle (a woman) was a famous fake character on one “unmoderated” German site. Sabine was actually a man, a well known German TB10 pilot and active on the German scene under both Sabine and (writing for a German magazine) under his real name. That guy is/was on EuroGA but hasn’t posted for years AFAIK.

The guy who was Dylan_22, Vanessa Cardigan with the TBM700 before that, Flyer59 before that, and someone else before that, is somebody else. Also well known, however.

A female character is quite a clever thing because most pilots, being men, are keen to help any woman in GA. So she gets a lot of offers; not just a better response to a question on a forum. Vanessa’s choice of a TBM700C2 being the same as the type which I was looking to set up a syndicate around was quite clever and presumably she would have been delighted to see me start a conversation with her about her TBM

The reason we don’t want that here is this: how would people here feel if I or someone else were running multiple characters e.g.

Peter57 – the Duke of Middle Sussex, with a TB20
Sandra Pullover – flying a TBM850
Fred-Maule-Big-Wheels – 8900 hours bush flying in Africa
etc

If we carried advertising, we would love that kind of stuff, because winding people up is great for advert clicks. It boosts traffic 10×. One UK site has/had one well known personality four times over (well, 4x that I knew of, so probably more). 1 was polite and the other 3 were really vile. I told one of the mods and he basically said this is allowed to prevent stagnation.

Administrator

Peter,

Genuine question.

Why, when these people are clearly the bane of your life and waste so much of your time, are you so coy about identifying and “outing” them?

They are only there to troll and to wind everyone up and waste everyone’s time, just to gratify some intellectual or mental health deficit, so why not just make an announcement like “Sandra Pullover’s real name is Andrew Schmidt, who has also posted as Peter57 and FredMauleBigWheels. He publishes in Der Avion as Capt Goodheart. He can be contacted directly on [email protected].” whenever they post?

EGKB Biggin Hill
103 Posts
Sign in to add your message