Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Depository for off topic / political posts (NO brexit related posts please)

Ah, Foxhunt. Highly problematic, let’s talk about something something uncontroversial, like the war.

Biggin Hill

Better, why this aircraft was parked at Kemble?

https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/registration/G-BRXT

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

G-DOOM is taken.

G-LOOM is still available.

Biggin Hill

Grant Shapps – the new UK Transport Minister

This is the best news for years for GA in the UK. He is a GA pilot. I am also pretty sure he knows pretty well what is wrong about the “system” here. With a bit of luck he will kick a few butts at the DfT and the CAA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grant_Shapps

APPG

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

With a bit of luck he will kick a few butts at the DfT and the CAA.

Don’t expect this to happen. Just read his biography and you’ll be clear he’s useless like the majority of career politicians – never worked anything useful, just moving from one to the other position within the party or invented by the party.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir,

Being a politician who genuinely loves GA and has been upset by the closure of his home airport, he’s since managed to pull a few strings and get some things done at the CAA, and at the APPG GA group in his time before becoming transport minister.

Transport ministers before him has not particularly cared much about GA as a mode of transport in the UK.

Nonetheless, his appointment may sadly only last as long as the current Prime Minister, so I’m hoping for the right legislation to be passed to protect infrastructure, such as ensuring airports of all sizes and airspace are accessible, within reason.

Regardless of anyone’s views of the current political climate, I think his appointment will be well received by the vast majority of GA in the UK.

Last Edited by James_Chan at 25 Jul 11:34

Cobalt wrote:

G-LOOM is still available.

Is G-BOOM, or G-DUDE, or OH-DEAR…..

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

D-EATH is taken:
[ dead URL ]

EKRK, Denmark

Don’t expect miracles from Shapps, but would you rather have a transport minister who is a GA pilot or one who knows nothing about GA and cares even less?

EGLM & EGTN

Don’t expect miracles from Shapps, but would you rather have a transport minister who is a GA pilot or one who knows nothing about GA and cares even less?

Given that his predecessor was Chris Grayling, you could have finished your sentence at “nothing”.

Last Edited by Cobalt at 25 Jul 12:59
Biggin Hill
Sign in to add your message