Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Depository for off topic / political posts (NO brexit related posts please)

According to the BLM movement silence is consent.

Off_Field wrote:

According to the BLM movement silence is consent.

That is silly and unnecessary.

Last Edited by JasonC at 15 Jul 20:27
EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

That is silly and unnecessary.

I agree it’s silly, but it is true that it is being said. And if you start changing the definitions of things (which seems to be occurring at the moment) then you will end up in some messy situations.

For which aircraft type, and what are the costs?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Off_Field wrote:

And if you start changing the definitions of things (which seems to be occurring at the moment) then you will end up in some messy situations.

Great point.

Peter wrote:

For which aircraft type, and what are the costs?

My experience is Piper Meridian, Mustang and CJ3. I don’t have the costs to hand but the airport works well. Is easy to get in and out fully IFR and car hire is simple.

EGTK Oxford

That’s also true for London Gatwick.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

That’s also true for London Gatwick.

That is unnecessarily sarcastic Peter. The charges are already discussed in this thread. Please read.

Last Edited by JasonC at 15 Jul 21:17
EGTK Oxford

Political correction with driving??

Apologies for the title but could not think of anything more suitable.
I have very recently been introduced to a young person who has a British diving licence, very common of course. The surprise was the person cannot read or write. I asked how a licence was therefor possible. They told me “It is simple really. You get another person to read out the question and pass your theory that way.”
Can this be true or was someone pulling my leg? How do they read road signs or overhead gantry messages for example?

UK, United Kingdom

It was apparently possible to do the driving test itself before 2014 if you knew no English because you could get an interpreter to do a voiceover. Totally ludicrous for road safety, but the UK is like that; it tries to be inclusive even if the result is bonkers.

For the written test, well it is multiple choice, so it’s like our aviation exams… probably doable with zero understanding if you bang the QB hard enough.

To get somebody else to sit it for you, that’s obviously fraud, but there is nothing new under the sun

Administrator
Sign in to add your message