Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Depository for off topic / political posts (NO brexit related posts please)

Jujupilote wrote:

Pretty apolitical isn’t it ?

It may be or not, but frankly I’ve learnt to stay open minded through my experiences with other faiths. I have good friends who are Mormons, Muslims, Catholics and Jews and in the very end, all of us strive for the same thing. We may call thing differently but all in all, the principle stands.

What puts me off and sometimes worries me is if people misuse their faith for politics and other inappropriations. Also, freedom of religion is one unmovable pillar of democracy. Clearly it has to go all the way, for everyone.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Also, freedom of religion is one unmovable pillar of democracy.

It is not as simple as it first seems as several religions have basic tenets that are not unproblematic from a human rights standpoint. E.g. circumcision of baby boys as practised in the mosaic and muslims faiths. (I just want to state that as an example, I don’t intend to start a debate about it.)

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

But to me, nobody could invent a story of a God sending His Son on Earth and letting him be killed by ordinary men 2000 years ago. That Heaven will come when all men let their hearts changed for love.

Everyone has full right in believing in fairytale of own choice and I don’t mind if one believes in Big Flying Spaghetti Monster or whatever. I particularly am very fond of Brothers Grimm’s Tales.

However, I do mind using faith and religion for gaining political and financial goals and objectives which has been happening for last 7000-8000 years.

Last Edited by Emir at 22 Sep 07:38
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Jujupilote wrote:

A lot of research is emerging on the origins of islam, breaking up most of the myths.

Religion and politics are the two things never to be discussed in the pub, nor an internet forum.

Can I suggest if looking for our origins sit and watch during your lockdown restrictions, Battletstar Galactica, currently running on BBC i Player, and the full box set available from reputable on-line stores. there are 80 episodes.

Mooney_Driver wrote:

It may be or not, but frankly I’ve learnt to stay open minded through my experiences with other faiths.

Ditto…

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

BeechBaby wrote:

Battletstar Galactica, currently running on BBC i Player, and the full box set available from reputable on-line stores. there are 80 episodes.

Ooooh. I have all the boxes and must have seen the whole thing three times. Maybe it’s time for a fourth?

I’ve even done Battlestar Galactica as a live action role playing game, set in a decommissioned Swedish battleship! Playing a Raptor pilot of course, with full flight suit. :-)

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

I’ve even done Battlestar Galactica as a live action role playing game, set in a decommissioned Swedish battleship! Playing a Raptor pilot of course, with full flight suit. :-)

You and I defo need to meet over a coffee. I am on my fourth watch….

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Alright, I’ll go back to worshipping my Spaghetti

Everyone must be absolutely free to believe or not, it goes without saying.

As St Bernadette de Lourdes said, « I don’t have to convince you, I just have to inform you ».

LFOU, France

In the mists of time, humanity was lost in a world of chaos, looking above for leadership and guidance. Suddenly a ray of unearthly light appeared, illuminating the path. Is that the led landing light of a TB20?

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Jujupilote wrote:

As St Bernadette de Lourdes said, « I don’t have to convince you, I just have to inform you ».

There’s no need for that, I’m fully capable of informing myself

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

BeechBaby wrote:

Battletstar Galactica

I have also seen it three times … I got two collections. The first one is DVD. Then the “original” high definition came on blue-ray, so I got that one as well The theme song is a bit interesting. It’s the Gayatri Mantra in the original language, Vedic Sanskrit so coool.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
Sign in to add your message