Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Depository for off topic / political posts (NO brexit related posts please)

From here

Believe it or not,the hundreds of illegal migrants flocking our beaches daily are systematicaly encouraged and informed by the NGO smart a****s to register and obtain Greek VAT number.

LGGG

Which is completely ok if it’s legal.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

What use would a VAT number be to a private individual?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

What use would a VAT number be to a private individual?

If they wanted to start their own business….

But seriously, @MedFlyer, what would the rationale be for encouraging refugees to become VAT registered? And how is that even possible unless they run a business?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Allright.My post #11 was not about aviation but for the VAT issue,being used in different ways or purposes or no purpose like the Italian Avgas sellers.
My post was relocated here and clipped accordingly to be more “politicaly correct” for the contemporary implemented values of open borders,tolerance by all means,crime cover up,Western guilt for colonies ,crusades etc.,and Leftist thinking.
Nevertheless I express my opinion based on what I see,feel and read in the little island I live (i.e.Somalis attacking Policemen who intervened to separate them from Afghanis).Even more dramatic is the situation up north.Right in the middle ,between the Sultan blackmailing us and EU for more privileges and the famous motto"wir kann machen das".!
Now on the VAT issue.By obtaining VAT number they can go out of the concentration camps and work as slaves for the 5*All Inclusives,they can start receiving subsidies (even before their case is studied),they can ride a motorbike,they can send children to Greek school and complain about pork sandwitches and the Cross that decorates the classes,rent a house later and sneakingly obtain the rights that their Saudi friends reject by 100%.
See how islanders feel about their place being “conquered” by the thousands of flocks. 50-50 is now the ratio.

https://www.iefimerida.gr/news/477444/sto-podi-i-samos-gia-prosfygiko-apergia-kai-sygkentrosi-diamartyrias-eikones-vinteo

Last Edited by MedFlyer at 24 Sep 10:43
LGGG

Medflyer, last night I got back from a walk to a number of complaints which concerned (what some saw as) the comparison with the nazi era. This is never a good idea; you and everybody else must know that 75 years later these events are still only just below the surface, in parts of Europe. Only just below – as the old-timers here will remember from certain individuals aggressively comparing forum moderation with nazi censorship (therefore, the mod is a nazi, the mod is a fascist, etc, etc). It is better to not go there… It is not about PC; it is more about avoiding obvious trouble. EuroGA is now running in a nice period of relative tranquility and long may it last

From your description, I don’t think it is a VAT number you are referring to. It is some kind of identity number, perhaps a fake identity document. I would be amazed if some random individual could get a VAT number in Greece which is reputed as the hardest country in Europe (perhaps in the world) for starting a business.

Fake docs is a big business – exactly because it enables migrants to disappear legally (or legally enough for just long enough; a local businessman friend advises me that something like 50% of his job applicants turn out to have fake passports). Some 20% of EuroGA signups are spammers who mostly sell fake documents. A lot of effort has gone into blocking these out; so far it seems to be working.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It’s completely legal procedure of obtaining asylum.

MedFlyer wrote:

they can go out of the concentration camps

So according to you, they belong to concentration camps. Nice plan you have for them. Surprisingly, they are not ready to accept it and they use all available options to avoid this.

MedFlyer wrote:

they can start receiving subsidies (even before their case is studied),they can ride a motorbike,they can send children to Greek school and complain about pork sandwitches and the Cross that decorates the classes

Incredible… they can start receiving subsidies (and of course, according to you they shouldn’t; would you be happier if they died in some bombing campaign launched from some US base in Greece)… they can ride a motorbike which outrageous for those middle-east savages… they can send children to schools… and then they don’t want to eat pork… oh, how ungrateful of them.

Don’t you see a bit of fascism in your way of thinking? Pretty similar to nationalists here in Croatia.

Yes, Greece (and the rest of Europe) has migration problem but xenophobia will not help in solving it. BTW your neighbor “sultan” has even bigger problem. The root cause of the problem is total f..ck up in foreign policy towards Middle East and Africa and if won’t be solved for many years. Solving the problem starts with eliminating the root cause not the consequences.

Last Edited by Emir at 24 Sep 18:17
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I am afraid this a classic case of Godwin’s law.

EGTK Oxford

@medflyer
I understand the issues in Greece are quite difficult. What would be your solution?
If I’d be a refugee I’d probably try to get a job myself instead of being locked in at some camp where living conditions are terrible.
And going one step back, I’d probably also try to come to europe instead of staying in some disaster ridden country in africa or the middle east.

Luckily, I was born here and have never had to worry even a minute about having a roof over my head, food on the table and generally safety in life. So who am I to judge.

Again, the issues are grave, but what would be your ideas?

Some politicians in austria are very successful (ie getting tremendous votes) by suggesting simple solutions:
1) we need a fence
2) keep anyone from entering europe
3) kick anybody else out again
4) i guess kill anybody who tries to come in (they are not saying that but what other than deadly force will make point 1 to 3 work?)
According to them all problems of our society (economy, education, healthcare etc..) are the refugees fault and will then be solved. In the meantime, making the situation worse (tightening the screws so to say) actually helps to get even more votes, as the problems are escalated thereby „proving“ what they preach.

Personally I think these things are complicated and simple solutions will not be adequate. A combination of common foreign policy, providing enormous development aid and clearly structured integration/inclusion will be necessary.

In Austria we have schools with 90% foreigners and others with 100% natives. How is anyone supposed to learn even the language under such circumstances?

It’s politics… anyway, back to flying!

always learning
LO__, Austria

JasonC wrote:

I am afraid this a classic case of Godwin’s law.

Well, I did learn something today, thanks @JasonC

Sign in to add your message