Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Depository for off topic / political posts (NO brexit related posts please)

Timothy wrote:

English law is originally based on biblical principles

That’s pretty different to your countries law being laid down as described in the religious text.

whether you like them or not western democracy and values have been reasonably successful and on balance I’d say pretty good.

I have to say I am with Timothy here and it is good that this is spoken out.

I agree, all the times I’ve been to countries where the predominant religion is Islam I never had the feeling of being unwelcome or that the people there were living a life less fullfilled than ours, albeit in a different way. I have no problems whatsoever travelling to such places, provided security is on a normal level. But it definitly would not occurr to me to judge such cultures in comparison to what we regard as Western culture.

It certainly is not a bad idea to look over the own horizon a bit and experience other cultures before sitting in even personal judgement over them. Obviously there will be things which we look at as odd or injust and quite a few things are there which are no good and need addressing. However, they are best addressed by progressive powers in their own culture than by others who feel they have to adapt the whole world to their liking.

That is not to say that I condone things which obviously are wrong but we have to maybe look at our own problems first before trying to solve other people’s problems.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

whether you like them or not western democracy and values have been reasonably successful and on balance I’d say pretty good.

I simply don’t agree. I started to write a list of failures of western democracy and it got so long that I had to stop. And anyway most are sufficiently controversial and divisive that Peter (quite rightly) wouldn’t want them on here.

When I read about what’s going on, I continuously ask myself “are we the baddies?”

EGKB Biggin Hill

@Peter, is all this talk relative to Aviation or Climate change? Enough with naive or antiEuropean propaganda preparing the fields of massive-sneaky people’s substitution .
Otherwise I shall start bombarding the site with links such as: 1)The Pakistani who attacked for rape a local teacher yesterday at Kos. 2)Knife battles between Afghans and Syrians at Samos. 3)People’s daughters and shops being attacked at Chios 4) Rebelions and fires at Lesvos 5) Overwhelming-Normany type invasion at Symi 6)The Moroccan gang that killed a tourist at Acropolis for his cellphone 7)The Afghan that raped and pushed to death over a cliff, a 15 year old girl. 8)The Algerian mobs that control drug-traficking inside Athens center and University 9) The “Kill the Police” rebelion at Thesaloniki….and many many others.
These people might be good one by one but when in groups,not so.To rape,pour acid and stone a woman is not an act of bravery or cultural diversity.Racism ? Who’s talking about racism in Africa ? Hutu’s for Tutsi’s ? Kinshasa for Katanga ? Sudan for Darfur ? Senegalese slave trafickers for nearby Gambians ?
West Europe has become sickly “guilty” after the retreat from the colonies.A serial production of xxxxx-phobia ,neo-words has been implemented by sneaky motives to control our lives.An Orwellian “Police of Thought”.
Well,our front-line little poor state here, has nothing to do with colonial “shame”,we are the first ones (with Italy and Spain) to have to absorb and suffer from the illegal economic migrants from Africa,the new arrivals from Middle East and the increasing hostility from Turkey.Right in the middle of the US-RUS-GB-DE-FR-Saudi-Iran game and its consequences.
@Peter,feel free to move this to the Depository. Everyone else “guilty”,feel free to stuff your continent with whatever you like.

LGGG

MedFlyer wrote:

Who’s talking about racism in Africa ?

Of course there is some racism practically everywhere. I think the point is that it doesn’t only happen “elsewhere”. And your posts on the subject only prove that point.

Last Edited by Noe at 15 Oct 08:22

Posts moved

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

For every Islamic atrocity, I can raise a European or US one.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Peter, maybe add the broader political issues (migrants etc) to the Brexit ban? Opinions seem too polarized for the discussion not to feel nasty (to probably both sides).

That’s fine, I agree, providing it is broadly applied.

We must not have anti Islamic or anti immigrant remarks, asides or assumptions that cannot be challenged.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Yes I agree Noe.

Let’s end this stuff. Including the virtue signalling, please.

The issue is that it is difficult to define the limits, which exposes a moderator to accusations of bias. We have already had to deal with the “forum moderation = nazi censorship” → the moderator is a nazi/fascist" theme, which resulted in background smear campaigns which are obviously ridiculous but are still running and are effective in suitably receptive areas. I am very glad to see the back of that problem on EuroGA.

Of course some people will always go really close to the line and then kick up a stink.

Timothy – you have another forum you run, which has about 40 faithful followers, and may I suggest that may be a better place for this material?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message