Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Thank you for making EuroGA a success

This week we passed 10000 posts.

The usage data shows hundreds of individuals reading the site every day and that the average reader spends quite a bit of time on the site on each visit, which is a strong indicator of a high quality of content.

This is exactly why EuroGA was set up - to provide a forum where relevant and serious aviation topics can be discussed.

Thank you all!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thats good :-) I think this is an excellent forum and have consistently enjoyed reading and taking part in it.

The good will, mentoring attitude, willingness to consider and learn are alive and strong with most people. All that is needed is a place for them to come together in a common interest.

Thanks for putting that place here Peter....

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

10,000 posts....and not a word said in anger ;)

It's really unusual to have a forum where everyone is well manored. Well done everyone I say :) I hope that a it grows and grows that it will reatain that friendly athmosphere.

Colm

EIWT Weston, Ireland

I've enjoyed reading too.

Seems like quite a few people in the audience are serious aircraft owners (one way or another) & actively engaged in private touring, which really sets the context for the entire forum.

It's hard to 'compete' against american forums like COPA's website (The Cirrus user group) who's based on a huge critical mass of pilots, all operating within the vast US general aviation infrastructure. Comparing their expertise with the fragmented scene of European GA is a tall order.

However, EuroGA.org really shines on European topics - just witness the current Eurocontrol auto-routing thread...

Forum civility is very good here too. Sure, we all like to talk about our own planes (and of course, deep down we know our plane is better than everyone elses), but I genuinely enjoy reading about everyone else's aircraft experiences. (except the Seneca of course, that one really does suck )

Let's wait until the first TB20 hater arrives

Thanks for setting it up and for your continued work in running the website.

It's by far the most pleasant aviation community I've found.

That isn't fair, Peter encourages discussion on lots of other aircraft, TB10s, TBM700s and even TBM850s. Be a French language forum soon.

except the Seneca of course, that one really does suck

Agreed!

But seriously, congratulations Peter. Any stats you can give on registered users vs guest readers?

EGTK Oxford

Nearly 500 have registered.

Off hand I don't know the total number of distinct individuals who have visited but it is huge (many thousands).

Originally I emailed about 3k email addresses, extracted from 11 years of my email correspondence, from which I manually removed all known troublemakers

That helped to get the site started with a polite tone. It's pretty obvious that the well known troublemakers are not really attracted to a site like this. We are not going for advertising clicks; if we were then personal attacks and the resultant long threads would be welcome.

There aren't any

All aircraft are welcome here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

here everyone is well manored. Well done everyone I say :) I hope that a it grows and grows

If everybody is well manured then certainly it will grow and grow... (sorry to be pecky on spelling, but it took me some effort to assume the meaning might have been "well mannered". As I've said before, foreigners have to read more fundamentally).

My compliments too, on this forum, for the good cheer and the many opportunities to learn. One regret I have: after some initial interest, not many microlighters have remained, I wonder if I am the only one. The tone here seems to be set by those flying the "better" SEP planes like Bonanza's and Mooneys - and well for them to have their own place.

As a microlight pilot with Europa-wide aspirations, I find little fellowship here, as yet. Of course that is not the fault of those who were kind enough to set up this forum.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
104 Posts
Sign in to add your message