Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flight TV — general aviation TV from Russia

I’ve just discovered this channel, it’s great! Nicely produced and gives a lot of insight into GA in Russia. I was told that more English content is being produced, so I went ahead to support them on Patreon. Looking forward to more episodes!

Btw, there are many more episodes on Youtube which are in Russian, but with the auto-translated subtitles they are actually quiet enjoyable as well…

@tmo Oh, the kids work like horses for their flights… Washing, cleaning, cooking, basic maintenance… It may be free for their parents and not paid with money, but it’s nothing like elite boarding school.

As a general observation, if something is free, it is often valued at zero; if that same thing (be it a course, an event, whatever) is heavily subsidized, but not free, things seem to work out better.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

I loved the story about the 3 girls and 1 boy learning to glide near Voronezh in Issue 15. Interesting to hear how the adolescent girls show much more persistence than the boys, even when the program is offered for free, and about the number of kids who washed out of the program.

Last Edited by WhiskeyPapa at 06 Nov 14:15
Tököl LHTL

Sorry for delays, but finally we made the 16th English issue of Flight TV.
1) NEWS: AKM-5, a serious light sport cruiser to rival Bristell, Dynamic, EuroStar and RV-9.
Russian aviation authority faces a lawsuit from pilots it deprived of their licenses. The state policy seems unfavorable for general aviation and freedom of flight here, yet…
2) People still fly here and do it good enough to make crowds gasp in amazement, and…
3) …new airplanes are produced, mostly for the foreign market. The second feature continues the story of Aerovolga Borey.
4) At NO COMMENTS section: a video sent to us by Leonid Kulesh from Chita in Siberia, a Dragonfly pilot and one of our viewers. He holds some records and this flight is at least spectacular if not a record-setting.

Issue 15

• Historical aircraft in flight and aerobatics show at Mochishche airfield near Novosibirsk.
• A monument to aircraft technician will appear at Levtsovo airfield near Yaroslavl, and it’s the first one in Russia. Are maintenance men honored in Europe, Americas or elsewhere? We’re curious.
• New life for Antonov An-2. As TR-301TV (TB), that venerable biplane is now a strut high-wing, uses turboprop to fly, goes fast and high, but still it’s good old An-2… just better.
• Free gliding training for teenagers.A passionate glider pilot spends a chunk of his business’s income to lure children to the clouds… literally. It’s almost only girls who go airborne.
• Russian aerobatic team got another bunch of gold medals at European championship… and that’s how they train. No comments…

Last Edited by Flight_TV at 18 Aug 21:10

We had a little mishap with Issue 14, so there is a new link for it

Thanks for the feature. I find the Aerovolga designs to be very interesting. I hope to see more of them pop up in Europe.

Issue 14. New flying boat is airborne… and it’s even better than expected.

Part 1. Open Skies 2017 — what general aviation meetups look like in Russia. Also, see new light 2-seater helicopter for €150k and new two-seater airplane with foldable wings.

Part 2. Aerovolga Borey, a new 2-seater light flying boat by Boris Chernov, Dmitry Suslakov and Sergey Alafinov, made its maiden flight and entered serial production. See how modern Russian planes are made.

AFAIK every country charges for overflight. So a 747 going Gatwick to Cape Town pays firstly Eurocontrol-collected charges for UK, then France, then maybe Italy, then it gets a bill from every country across Africa starting with Libya and all the way down.

This is not the same thing as requiring an overflight permit. Most of the countries in the world do that too, but the USA, Canada, Europe, AFAIK Australia and NZ don’t. Morocco varies according to who you speak to…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
39 Posts
Sign in to add your message