Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Why you should get an aircraft broker (merged)

My comment about logbooks is simply that it is an effective way to make a full disclosure. IMHO if somebody is not happy with that, he can take a hike. Decent buyers will appreciate this sort of disclosure and present the PDF to some engineer to check.

As in all areas of business, you want a customer of quality, who appreciates your product and your honesty

As in all areas of life, there are loads of time wasters in GA and trying to please them is a mug’s game.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Many brokers have higher commission for pistons (if they accept them at all) or certain price brackets. My Aerostar cost 8% in commission. A lot of brokers simply don’t accept piston twins at all, as they just sit forever. As the prices increase for turboprops and jets etc the commission goes down slightly. Seems to be about 4-5% when above $500K.

I bought 3 and sold 2 aircrafts in last 6 years plus helped friends to buy 1 and to sell 2 more – all without broker. The prices ranged from 120.000€ up to 350.000€ and in all cases both sides were happy with deals.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Hi all,
a friend of mine is considering selling his 200k airplane through a broker.

Does anyone have any experience selling through a broker, what to check and what to look out for?

The proposed commission seems rather high compared to boats and real estate. What is a reasonable commission, in your opinion, for an exclusive listing?

And finally, if the forum allows, any tip for reputable brokers in northern Europe wouldbe appreciated.

Regards,
G

Klaus Kuehl of k-aircraft gets my vote – professional and trustworthy.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

GaryStorm wrote:

Hi all,
a friend of mine is considering selling his 200k airplane through a broker.

For me the value of the broker is not whether they will arrange viewings or scan logbooks, but the market knowledge. Is your friends aeroplane a 200K aircraft? Is he sure it’s not a 220K aeroplane? Or is he being hopelessly optimistic and it’s really a 150K aeroplane. A broker with a finger on the pulse knows.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Since I’m now away from Europe most of the time, I’ve decided it’s time to bring my Mooney to a broker since I haven’t been around to even show it once since I decided to sell it, and that’s not going to change any time soon.

I’ve had 2 options recommended, both of whom sound reputable. One is located in Germany and the other in the UK.

Would the option in Germany be better as it’s more centrally located? But maybe the market in the UK is bigger?

I’d love to hear any other options or opinions as well.

Thanks!

EHLE, Netherlands

@Nickmatic post moved to existing thread.

Administrator

I think everybody is on holiday

Difficult to sell something when not around to see prospective buyers, I would think.

This search digs out some useful reading.

Administrator

I know only one broker in Germany and another in Austria who are doing a good job. If you want, pm me.

Doesn’t mean the others are not, I just don’t know them that well. I think it would not be a bad idea to have a broker who is able to actually show the plane, so if he is in the area of where the plane is based or has a base where he can do that, it will be an advantage

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message