Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your 2017 flying year, how many hours, and aspirations for 2018?

Hours for 2017 are nothing to write home about in the commercial world (320 Total) but it was an interesting year in terms of destination firsts including:
Beja (Portugal), Sochi (Russia), Sion (Switzerland) and Campbeltown (Scotland) to name a few.

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma

I forgot to mention one more 2017 achievement – 1000 flight hours in total, since I restarted my flying career in May 2009.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

US trip insurance discussion is here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

About 75 hours this year, including finally getting my PPL. Skills test completed in March and around 30 hours flown since then. Proud to say that so far in my flying “career” I’ve flown in Malta, Italy, Germany, Denmark, Holland and the UK. Four types logged, Tecnam P2002, Aquila A210, Blackshape Prime and Cessna 172.

In 2018 I will need to find somewhere new to fly as I’ll be moving cities so taking the time to find a new club may lower the amount of hours possible in a year (recommendations in the Cologne area would be very welcome!). I’d like to get checked out on something with more weight than I’m used to (the 750kg A210) and fly myself back “home” to the UK to visit friends and family, and join in the EuroGA fly in in Cambridge. Learn more about maintenance and the general mechanics of the aircraft. Nothing too ambitious but I’d like to continue to build my hours and maybe re-study some of the theory/find a mentor that can make sure I’m not missing things. To be honest I feel like flying should be far harder than this, I must be missing something…

Last Edited by NinerEchoPapa at 03 Jan 11:48
EDLN/EDLF, Germany

@Jacko, could you tell us a bit more about your strip ? I would love to visit ! I fly C172 and Reims Rocket.

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

could you tell us a bit more about your strip ? I would love to visit ! I fly C172 and Reims Rocket.

I went there last year, and even wrote a trip report about my staggering 40nm cross country :-)

https://www.euroga.org/forums/trips-airports/6544-andreas-to-glenswinton#post_118471

Andreas IOM

Thank you alioth, I didn’t know Jacko’s strip had a website also. 430m is short but doable in a Rocket.

LFOU, France

2017 the year the engine quit on me. Aircraft will be back from OH soon and we have to move to a new airfield, so 2018 will start with new new things.

Due to administartive trouble, I was grounded most of the year. Therefore I only managed to fly a mere 17h between end of October and end of November, when the weather became crappy over here. But at least I managed to get back into night flying and do 4,5 h of these hours in the dark. That brings me to at total of about 177h, much less than the 200ish hours I was hoping for.

But surely I will make that mark this year, and hopefully some more.

Also on the list: CB IR and/or CPL theroy. And maybe, only maybe, I can finally manage to land a taildragger the direction I would like it to… Seems I’m not at all talented for that.

Fly-in-wise I would like to attend AERO. Since I started flying, work always managed to get in the wayof it. Additionally, I very much like the idea of flying to Cambridge. I just need cooperative weather gods ;)

@ninerEchoPapa: Greetings to the airfield next door! Regarding your move to Cologne: A club member of ours moved to that area last year, and from what I heard Bonn-Hangelar EDKB is the airfield to go, with a wide array of clubs, schools and syndicates. Check http://www.edkb.de/vereine.htm

EDXN, ETMN, Germany

Yes we should definitely organise something for AERO.

I missed 2017 but 2016 was a great meet-up.

Wx is crappy here too so I am happy to be grounded to the TKS… starting tomorrow

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message