Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New airport in Croatia (again....)

The state is selling the land – location is somewhere between LDZD and LDSP a bit inland rather than being on coast. I believe that project supporters have zero financies and are trying to find the investors. Chances for success are close to zero – two big international airports are too close (15 NM to LDZD and 30 NM to LDSP) and building business case on GA is simply total failure (in the article they are daydreaming about wealthy clients arriving with private planes to visit neighboring villages).

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I could well think of having a nice house by the sea with a boat and a plane right next to this runway close to Zadar. https://secretcroatia.blog/2017/07/23/shadows-and-graffiti-of-sepurine-military-base/

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

I could well think of having a nice house by the sea with a boat and a plane right next to this runway close to Zadar.

Time to start our own EuroGA airpark?

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

I could see a market for lots of plane owners to fly down there to their own apartment/yacht. Walk from the plane to the boat, fancy!
It would be a megamillion project though…

always learning
LO__, Austria

@wleferrand will look into this

LFOU, France

Snoopy wrote:

I could well think of having a nice house by the sea with a boat and a plane right next to this runway close to Zadar. https://secretcroatia.blog/2017/07/23/shadows-and-graffiti-of-sepurine-military-base/

This runway was supposed to be put in function last year but a friend of mine who tried to do this failed to get permissions from governing authorities. The idea is several years old when these objects were in condition when they could be renovated but now you can only demolish them and rebuild from the scratch. However, it’s still nothing more than deserted airbase with government having no idea what to do about it.

This is the initiative he started but revitalizing old airports is not an easy job:
https://www.flyvignette.com/

You can see that airport on island of Vis was supposed to be part of this initiative but it’s stuck for almost two years.

Last Edited by Emir at 31 Jan 19:46
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Tarmac or concrete runways should last decades before significant maintenance is needed, especially if nothing heavy lands on them.

The rest of the buildings are gone for sure. I have seen so many of these vandalised ex military buildings around the Croatian islands… But one doesn’t need a lot of buildings. A portacabin or a small “hut” is enough for an aeroclub.

I think there just isn’t the concentration of wealth in Croatia. In the UK, the place would get returned to use very quickly, but that’s because land is very valuable and you tend to eventually find a pilot with a pile of money who would be happy to spend it provided that [almost] nobody else can use it

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Very interesting, Emir.

always learning
LO__, Austria
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message