Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

As a % how many of your flights have been more than 4 hours non stop (excluding turbine)

0%… longest flight was 3:48 in a C172S during my IR training. Many above 3:00 but after 3:30, I am willing to walk…

Belgium

My longest A to B flight was 1:24 which got to be a negative record on here. I wouldn’t want to fly for longer than 2-3 hrs for a variety of reasons. The Bornholm trip planned in three weeks would be 2.5 hrs but sadly it probably won’t go ahead due to lack of aircraft availability.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

That is what I expected, Dave Phillips excepted, although I admire the fortitude of the crews’ bladders.

The early 180/182/185/205 all had around 55-62 USG useable which translated to around 3:30 with reasonable VFR reserves. They then went to 80 USG plus, but was never sure why you would want to be up for the 5 or 6 hours this implied (longer at 45% power).

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

My longest flight was 6:00 in an SR22. Slightly achy legs after that one!

But to answer your question, 1.5% of my flights are >4hrs

Last Edited by Roger at 03 May 22:49
EGBB

No flight that long. I had two at 3:55 (block time).

ELLX

12% of total time (including a 4 hour glider flight to 14,500 feet in the French Alps), but only 4% in terms of number of flights. My wife is comfortable with 2 hour legs and will put up with 3 hours when necessary. When alone, I tend to plan 3 hour legs.

Tököl LHTL

Exactly 1 flight out of 537 flights was >= 4:00 hrs. It was exactly 4:00 hrs air time.
ETSI → LFOT

EDMA, Germany

One flight: Belgrade to Zurich in 2011 was 4-50, remaining fuel 40 liters.

Not for the lack of wanting but the airplane simply does not have the range to do this regularly.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

One of the secrets to keep you partner flying with you is to limit the length of the flights. I think my longest flight ever was 4 hrs (San Diego to Oakland in a PA28R), and half way through I thought we might need to divert for a bathroom break for the missus. Now I limit myself to 02:30 to 03:00. I am flying to enjoy destinations. Not to break records in boredom.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 04 May 09:09
LFPT, LFPN

Just checked, I really am out of my league on this forum ( :-) ). Out of 454 flights, only one is (just) more than three hours (Dundee to Oxford). My main excuse is that being male and not starting flying powered until age 42, I have never flown with the relevant bladder capability! (I have no idea how the relevant biology works for women and I don’t want it explained to me).
Most of my flights are about an hour, maybe two. In ten years, I have done only three big trips from my south-east England base: Orkney, Stornoway and Opole (south-west Poland).

I have just looked and one third of my flights are less than one hour!

Last Edited by Joe-fbs at 04 May 09:24
strip near EGGW
Sign in to add your message