Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

General (multi airport) PPR booking websites

I used MyDz at Perpignan, it worked neat to pay landing fees and get GA visitors parking gate code without seeing anyone but no idea how it works for customs?

PS: Avgas Total fuel pump and northern GA visitors parking are miles away

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

No mention of MyDz in the LFMP AIP or notams, and intra-schengen there is no PN, so how do they expect people to know this?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This thread is the first time I have ever heard of MyDz. No-one at the club had heard of it either, let alone used it. I wonder how many airfields have signed up to it.

France

gallois wrote:

This thread is the first time I have ever heard of MyDz. (…) I wonder how many airfields have signed up to it.

It seems like only one. On the website, that’s the only airport one can select.

ELLX

On the website, that’s the only airport one can select

Indeed, it’s only for LFMP

I knew of it by reading the pilot notes in SkyDemon.

EGBJ and Firs Farm, United Kingdom

It is on the VAC, although nicely hidden.

Edit: also in the AIP.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 26 Sep 09:24
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

This is in the LFMP AIP, but only under Parking Areas

It would be off topic to ask what the hell this means for intra-schengen traffic which wants to “park” there

And the stupid thing doesn’t do customs/immigration anyway (from the VAC)

It is on the VAC, although nicely hidden.

No mention of “mydz” in a text search in the LFMP VAC. But it is there

The PDF is just structured so that it doesn’t show up as text.

More interesting perhaps is: why do airports go for these stupid booking sites or apps? I know everybody now wants an “app” for everything but that is just a nightmare for somebody else who has to keep aiming at a moving target with just another stupid app, for Android and IOS, or has to maintain a website which needs to run on loads of different sized clients, breaks when browsers change (Chrome recently broke a lot of websites, even ones done with a 6-7 digit budget), etc.

Flying around Europe takes on whole new dimensions – in some places Not just the AIP and notams, not just emailing the airport (which is arguably a really stupid thing to do because for each one that responds probably 2 or 3 get p1ssed off, especially in Spain or France) but also signing up on websites and installing apps.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I think it’s useful to check for “direct customs details” in VAC + AIP, you usually get their emails & phone numbers in VAC but these may get removed in AIP when a new operator is in charge (when some airports are taken over by private Ops they tend to remove these details for AIP but they always hang in the VAC, LFMD you can directly call customs using phone number in VAC but nothing is listed in AIP), in the other hand, some VAC emails for Ops are outdated but those in AIP seems to be up to date…

Same thing for airspace and flight procedures, they are reflected in AIP quicker than VAC (these may get updated once in 4 years vs AIP once in a year)

Last Edited by Ibra at 26 Sep 11:05

It would be off topic to ask what the hell this means for intra-schengen traffic which wants to “park” there

You won’t see anyone if you park in northern visitors terminal in LFMP, you exit airside/landside yourself, if you need to see faces you have to walk to the terminal

It’s like when you ask Lille LFQQ ATC to fuel & park in Echo parking, I do it every time when flying within France but I don’t dare to ask on UK flights: one needs to use Charlie parking with GA handling and entry/exit vis main terminal with security & customs

Last Edited by Ibra at 26 Sep 11:15
Sign in to add your message