Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Which notam source - NOAA or Eurocontrol and bizzare notam time span issues

Peter wrote:

If I tick everything I get

That’s because you have only selected NOTAMs that are in effect within 24 hours. The slot NOTAM is only in effect on Sundays.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

What date selection would you recommend for a general purpose briefing? Most websites don’t tell you what they use.

I reckon a 7 day span captures weekend events, but clearly most notam sites don’t use that. With a 7 day span I get this from EAD

which looks like it is everything. Actually it is same as NOAA but sometimes NOAA doesn’t get notams from some European countries…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

What date selection would you recommend for a general purpose briefing?

If by “general purpose briefing”, you mean all NOTAMs, I think that from today and 90 days ahead would get everything, but to be on the safe side I would use a year…

Interesting.

I bet most websites – the ones which don’t tell you the selection range they are using – use 24hrs or 48hrs. This includes the Autorouter which also drops the notam for the weekend.

I think 7 days would be pretty good. I wonder how many pilots are expecting a notam briefing to last longer than a week.

Tricky stuff, which very few people are aware of.

We did it before here.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

This includes the Autorouter which also drops the notam for the weekend.

The briefing pack for Autorouter only includes NOTAMs relevant for the flight (with some margins). The Telegram interface gives you all NOTAMs for an airport.

Yes I meant the telegram interface.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Yes I meant the telegram interface.

When I use it, I get the weekend slot NOTAM for EGHE.

Today you do, which suggests that it selects 72hrs ahead, no?

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Today you do, which suggests that it selects 72hrs ahead, no?

Yesterday, too. I think Aurorouter selects for an “arbitrarily” long time. I can see NOTAMs for Swedish airports that don’t take effect until October.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 10 Sep 17:04

We now have notams from EAD itself on the airports database. They are selected 1 year ahead. This should be the “gold standard” for Europe

There is a title saying where they come from so if you get notams for say KCHD you get NOAA ones, obviously.

Some style fixes are needed but the data seems to be all there.

Would anyone like to test it? Specifically check that it picks up notams well ahead in time. Thank you

Administrator
Sign in to add your message