Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Social gathering in western Germany June 29?

I am in Maastricht Sat 29th to drop someone off. I could come and meet after. EDDK or thereabouts is fine.

EGTK Oxford

I would like to join you at Bonn-Hangelar (wx permitting) EDKL Leverkusen has only turf. Cologne EDDK is a good airport but for a social gathering it would not be my choice.

EDxx, Germany

I'm interested - is this a lunch and go event?

Norman
United Kingdom

is this a lunch and go event?

I'm hoping for at least one full soup.....

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

As you proposed this event I will buy you soup AND a drink. What I mean, is this is a day event, or a overnight. May have a seat (the other one, in a RV) available from South UK.

Norman
United Kingdom

Ah, okay, I thought it was a clever play on words! I'm not proposing overnight, but it's certainly fine is people want to. I will be overnight, but simply 'cause I have a meeting with EASA in Cologne on Friday. I'll take the train back to northern Germany following the social event, but my schedule is open.

Whatever works for everyone else, I look to those with local knowledge for the best ideas....

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

If I turn up I would stay overnight. It's 2hrs each way (~295nm) and my base closes 1800 UTC.

I don't mind where it is in the general area so long as it has Customs and is IFR. I don't actually need fuel; I can do there and back on about half a tank.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am competing with a Dutch-Belgian-French team in the Coupe Breitling race until Saturday morning 29th of June. In the morning I would leave from Villacoublay (Paris) and could come over to Bonn-Hangelar for lunch.

Coupe Breitling race: 100 touch-and-goes at 100 different airfields in France covering all of France (6 mandatory areas) and all within 24 hours. Every 4 hours the flying team must switch with "fresh" pilots and the shorest total distance wins.

Bonn-Hangelar: very nice place and have been flying from there several times. Easy going. I have also refueled at the big Bonn International in the middle of the night enroute to Lyon-Bron. Handling is not mandatory, but they do not accept all creditcards, so take some good cash with you.

Coupe Breitling:

EDLE, Netherlands

Monchengladbach is a good alternative to EDDK. They have IFR and customs. There is a bus to the station and a train to Cologne.

United Kingdom

Hi all is the gathering still current? If some of you need some assistance or help or ideas, just let me know... I'm based at EDLW, Dortmund.1hour by car from cologne... As the others already mentioned, I would not go to Cologne, expensive and simply wrong size for GA. Yes, EDKB is good and I guess customs is no problem since the border-police has their academy there ;-) If you prefer the nice country side , located close to Mosel-river, I would recommend also Koblenz-Winningen, EDRK. Just flew recently from Biggin -Hill into there, customs on site, because state-helicoper police squadron is based there.( They were not checking my ID, and ordered Tower to look just into my ID ) Friendly and good service, by Taxi or walking some through wine-yards to Winningen wine village, just at Mosel-River.

Rgd Leverkusen: check O/P hours.

Stefan

EDLW, Dortmund,Germany
Sign in to add your message