Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Social gathering in western Germany June 29?

I wont be making it (VFR), left it until late to make the decision, as often, bad weather seems to be better than forecast, and good weather worse than forecast. The afternoon looks possible but that's to late.

Next time.

Norman
United Kingdom

the proposed meeting time at noon was in regard to the frontal system 2 hours too early for me (100NM farther south on the river Rhine ) - since 2pm the wx is fine along the route.

We should have changed from lunch to tea time ...

see you next time

EDxx, Germany

I am a bit further south and right now would have been the time I was planning to land again at my VFR home field: VIS 3.000 and OVC 005. :-(

Shame about the weather. Hope you guys had a good time and see you at the next one.

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

It was a totally straightforward IFR flight, FL130 all the way, and just a few minutes of IMC going up and down.

Temperature was -3C to -4C all the way.

The GRAMET image was kind of right, in that I was between two layers, with the one under about FL080-100 and the one above me having a base of maybe FL150 and about 2000ft thick. There was clearly stuff above, say FL300, but it was just wispy cloud which nevertheless plays havoc with the IR image if one takes it without looking at anything else.

The radar (meteox.com) picture was totally clean.

Cloudbase at EDDK was about 1000ft and I was asked if I would take 32L instead of 32R where the RV ILS was going to, so I got a visual to 32L.

Met up with a few great people

When I get around to it I will post another trip summary here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Seemed fine at Maastricht. BKN at about 2500.

EGTK Oxford

It was great to get together with the group. I really appreciate the effort that people made, to come a long way to get together. New friends!

Save your air miles guys, I'll host one in Canada one day!

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

I was dead tired this morning after participating in the Coupe Breitling race. We did not win :-( but deciced to fly back home this morning from Villacoublay to Lelystad instead of joining the meeting. The cloud top was at FL60-70 with another cloud layer much higher. At Paris there was an overcast at 500 feet, but once out of the climb the weather was great.

EDLE, Netherlands

Expecting Bremerhaven 0900Z (1100LCL) on Wednesday if you want to grab lunch?

EGTK Oxford

Hi Jason,

I will be sure to be there, we won't be flying yet. I'll be pleased to go for lunch, though I'll have to scheme up ground transport, 'cause my wheels are my bicycle! Let me think on it, but I'll be there.

Jim

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

I popped in to visit these people

and thanked them for wasting 6 months of my life and about 10k of my money

They (EASA) have indeed picked the most choice location in town, with an endless supply of nice restaurants where to run up expenses.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message