Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Pipistrel Panthera preloaded flight plans (though Online Flight Planner) have inaccurate mileage on initial leg in FMS

I have used Online Flight Planner to set up my Xplan-11 flight plans. Problem is the flight planner in the plane is showing the first leg to continually be over 6000 miles, causing erratic and crash affects. If I manually put in the waypoints, no problem and all is ok. any ideas.? Image is a flight plan generated from KCLT to KBWI.
Is it me or is it a glitch/
misterfozz

United States

It’s selecting the wrong GIZMO (the one in New South Wales, Australia). Most software that is faced with two or more waypoints with the same name gives you the option of selecting which waypoint you want when you create the FPL. What happens if you select GIZMO from the screenshot you have presented?

Last Edited by Dave_Phillips at 18 Jun 20:55
Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Hey,

If I were you I would go to another forum to get a solution to your problem.
Aerobask forum or else.

This forum is dedicated to real world aviation, not to simulation, so you will not find the “experts” you can find on simulation dedicated forum.

LFBZ, France

That’s a bit rude, is it not?

EGTF, LFTF

I think Dave is only partially correct – why is the leg GIZMO – AZELL showing what appears to be a correct distance. I suspect the reply from Jeff64 was intended to be helpful and not as brusque as it might perhaps seem to be if misinterpreted.

Last Edited by Peter_Mundy at 19 Jun 12:26
EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Sorry if my remark was perceived as “brusque” but it was not the intention .

I have been a heavy flight simmer myself for the last 18 years, and I understand the need of being assisted in some situations.
I just wanted to tell our friend he would have better chances to get an helpful answer on a dedicated forum, than on this one who is not intended to regroup simmers and where a lot of users don’t necesseraly practice flight simming.

Furthermore, I saw this post was the one and only post of this user, so I guessed he signed up on this forum to get the help he needed, and thereby that he was misguided in his forum search by our friend Google ;)

I myself use the Aerobask Panthera for XPlane, but I don’t have the answer to his question.

:D

LFBZ, France
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message