Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EASA to FAA diary

very convenient that the FAA/FARs does/do not specify how to log so electronic is ok as well.

I understood that electronic log books were fine in EASAland as well.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Great pics Looks like a fair bit of crosswind on that approach.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thank you Snoopy for this detailed report. I am looking into flight training in the US, it would be making some dual time but not really getting a rating.
Did you ask the M1 visa with the interview in a US embassy (and an extra fee too) ?
Does the school has to have an approval for training alien students ?
Edit : the answer is = only part 141 schools involved with SEVIS program can train international students on study visas (source AOPA US)

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 01 Oct 11:27
LFOU, France

As I am doing a license conversion from an existing easa license to faa no visa is required, only tsa approval because it is my first us faa license.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Peter_Mundy wrote:

Depends on the national authority, they can derogate.
Just read somewhere that german lba requires logbook on paper. You don’t need to carry the logbook with you, only provide it on request. In that case just print it and sign it… (my opinion).

always learning
LO__, Austria

Peter_Mundy wrote:

The Swedish CAA recently published a note stating that electronic logbooks were fine as long as you provide signed printouts on request. I asked them if this did not amount to an Alternate Means of Compliance (AltMoC), but they said no as the signed printouts were considered the “real” logbook.

Snoopy wrote:

Just read somewhere that german lba requires logbook on paper. You don’t need to carry the logbook with you, only provide it on request. In that case just print it and sign it… (my opinion).

Apparently the Swedish CAA is of the same opinion.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 01 Oct 18:38
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Just a quick update:
I have signed up with Sheppardair (88USD) and bought an ios app from ASA (10USD) to prepare for the written test. Since more than 10 years have passed since I took the (eu) ATPL test this will be quite a nice brush up for me.

always learning
LO__, Austria
37 Posts
Sign in to add your message