Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin Pilot Help (Eurocontrol IFR routing from a ZZZZ airfield)

Hi all, has anyone had any experience with Garmin Pilot, I am trying to get an IFR routing from a non ICAO coded airfield & the autorouter refuses to help…… but then the system won’t let me enter & validate my own routing, until his point I really liked the program but this is totally unacceptable. I hope someone has a solution

Regards
Richard

United Kingdom

@poad does your GP installation do routings which do not involve ZZZZ departure or destination?

I don’t know GP but maybe it doesn’t allow ZZZZ.

The Autorouter (which interface Garmin license for GP) does support ZZZZ AFAIK but maybe Garmin didn’t implement that?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The Autorouter (which interface Garmin license for GP) does support ZZZZ AFAIK but maybe Garmin didn’t implement that?

Autorouter does support ZZZZ, but it has to know about the particular airport in advance.

If you enter ZZZZ, Autorouter tells you that the airport must be in its airport database and that if it isn’t already, you can request it to be entered using a support ticket.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Who provides support if you use the AR via GP? Do you still file AR support tickets, or is the support done by Garmin?

Administrator

Does anyone here use Garmin Pilot?

Administrator

Yes. I have found it to be an excellent international IFR tool. Seamless integration with Garmin panel avionics, similar UI. Outside Europe I use the georeferenced Jepps IAPs on GP.

I use RR for flight plans, partly because of the responsive phone help-line which gets an immediate result when there is an issue.

NeilC
EGPT, LMML

I have used GP for years in a panel-mounted iPad, but I still like AR for flight plans because it allows me to hack the proposed route before submission and then interact via the Telegram app.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message