Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Funny random stuff

Peter wrote:

It is doubly funny, with the 2nd half being the type and quantity of booze consumed

I’m so far out of touch of these things that until your, and Peter_Mundy’s explanation, I hadn’t even cottoned on that the first two lines were drinks, and alcoholic ones at that.

ELLX

It must also have been a huge bar for 63 pints to be consumed with everyone at 2m distance, which is why we have what we have…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

It must also have been a huge bar for 63 pints to be consumed with everyone at 2m distance, which is why we have what we have…

Perhaps people each drink more than you imagine :-)

On the right hand side of the chit is “GST = 9” which means nine at the table.

It looks like nine people had a glass of prosecco each, three of them had a second glass, and then they all went on to consume an average of seven pints of Peroni each. It is quite a session, but perfectly possible. Perhaps started at lunchtime, given the timestamp on the chit.

EGLM & EGTN

Perhaps started at lunchtime, given the timestamp on the chit.

Back in the day of exchange controls, pre Euro, with some European countries having commercial and financial exchange rates, it was not unusual for the arbitrageurs to close the day trading at around 11am and go to the Jamaica Inn. Then ‘eating was cheating‘ and 9 pints would be lunch.

The poor Japanese convertible bond desk would take up the reins in the evening, whiskey and sake being a particular nightmare not taking any prisoners.

Not sure how the markets operate without lubrication in these Tier three days, but rolling sterling short with zero interest rates doesn’t require too much skill.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I know the bar which is part of the refinery hotel the place I usually stay when in NY a couple times a year. It’s rooftop, quite nice and trendy. (But not massive)

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

If the CAA use this to prosecute me for being below 10,000’ altitude, when I flew at this speed I will fight it, and I am entitled to do so in Elgin Sheriff Court, from a letter from the current Minister for Aviation.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Maoraigh wrote:

If the CAA use this to prosecute me for being below 10,000’ altitude, when I flew at this speed I will fight it, and I am entitled to do so in Elgin Sheriff Court, from a letter from the current Minister for Aviation.

I don’t see why they would prosecute you? Is there something in the picture I’m missing?

Last Edited by Dimme at 23 Dec 23:43
ESME, ESMS

SERA speed limit

always learning
LO__, Austria

Yeah, but IAS vs ground ?
(funny multilat results on these websites aside)

EDM_, Germany

Met deny there was a 90kt tailwind at 3,000’.☹️
VNE is 176kts. Cruise is 117kts.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message