Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Funny random stuff

Dan wrote:

This ain’t perfect as it only holds one “tire-bouchon”, but could do in an emergency.

Wow, the Opinel No. 10 with tire bouchon! Yours must be a newer model with bottle opener too?

I used to have one (without bottle opener), which I considered lost. One day, Security at San Diego Airport found it for me, in the bottom of my backpack. Obviously, on that day it was lost for good :D The disturbing thing is, that flight out of San Diego was perhaps the 5th leg of a 2-3 week business trip through USA. And who knows how many years the Opinel has been in the bottom of that backpack, which I use for all my business travels and as many airline flights.

etn
EDQN, Germany

Haha, nice! Great winglets too. Beautiful shot, thanks for posting.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

An owl and its built-in AHRS:

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

And don’t even attempt to bring Branston Pickle through Stansted.

Every time I fly I tell myself what a good job it is that there are no solid explosives. Imagine what a pain it would be if you couldn’t take solids on the plane.

LFMD, France

I flew Nantes – Nice with no security problem. On the return to Nantes, Nice security took my shaving foam.
And don’t even attempt to bring Branston Pickle through Stansted.🙂
I wouldn’t dare carry my Swiss army knife. If flying myself, I leave it in the plane.

France

You don’t know where the credit card has been.

In my wallet! Though since that incident we now carry a Laguiole in the car. I also have a tiny Swiss army knife that is normally in my pocket. It’s smaller than the limit for air travel, but that didn’t stop Nice airport from making up their own rules and confiscating one of its predecessors.

Last Edited by johnh at 08 Mar 10:56
LFMD, France

This ain’t perfect as it only holds one “tire-bouchon”, but could do in an emergency.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Oh no in polite company you cut the baguette with your pen knife so you don’t look greedy. Every Frenchman carries a knife for such a purpose. It can be difficult when travelling abroad.🙂
You don’t know where the credit card has been. Like the boy scouts it’s a matter of always being prepared.
I know several people who carry what looks something similar to a Bowie knife.But that is getting less now as health and safety and political correctness take hold.🙂

France

Surely only barbarians cut their baguette with a knife, rather than tearing it. And as for cheese, a credit card works well in an emergency.

LFMD, France

Can’t be one of ours there looks to be no bottle opener and no knife to cut the baguette or pain let alone the cheese.🙂

France
685 Posts
Sign in to add your message