Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ramp check stories and reports (all causes)

Airborne_Again wrote:

The Netherlands? (As aircraft have been grounded there simply for having non-8.33 kHz radios installed.)

When, where?

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Peter_Mundy wrote:

When, where?

Don’t remember, but there is a post here on EuroGA where a Dutch avionics engineer confirms that this is (or at least was) the Dutch position.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

The last two ramp checks I have had the trappers looked mainly at the illegal public transport aspects as I was attending a very popular motor racing event but my use of class Airspace seemed to be of interest.

I also saw another pilot present the unfortunate trappers with a Russian licence Cyrillic script and all !………… that they had to email to the Gatwick HQ, to their surprise the licence was valid to fly a UK registered aircraft.

No aircraft has been grounded on this basis to my knowledge- there are many Dutch aircraft fitted with second radios which are not 8.33 – loads with old Bendix King nav/comm sets for example.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

“Having non 8.33 radios” vs “Not having 8.33 radios” I guess.

EGTF, LFTF

I’ve been ramp checked once, arriving in France from Switzerland. The procedure was friendly and professional. They checked my licence and medical, and the aircraft registration and insurance. They asked about my tyres. I asked if I could borrow their Taser; for some reason they declined but kindly offered to let me try their cuffs instead. Not wanting to put them to the trouble of finding the keys, we all just posed for the photo as-is:

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

There were 6 checking the aircraft at Cherbourg the other day including 4 trainees.

Being N reg I was asked for some headed paper showing details of the Trustee, this was something that I had never been asked for before and surprisingly I managed to find it as well.

This was the only thing they were interested in, probably to show the trainees what it looked like.

All very pleasant and friendly, in typical French manner they then all went into the restaurant.

I was ramp checked in Paderborn two weeks ago. Very pleasant and abbreviated as I had to leave for a meeting. As a private flight you are treated differently than a commercial or a suspected pseudo-commercial flight.

EGTK Oxford

I have only been ramp checked twice. Once at Stuttgart which was very efficient and organised with a checklist and once at Reggio Emilia in Italy which was more like a training exercise and was a bit random. Both were conducted in a professional manner, was pretty quick and in good humour. Nothing to be concerned about unless you know you have a problem in documentation.

EGBW, United Kingdom

This thread is most interesting and brings to mind that there are many who do not have a list of documents required to be carried (me included!). Is there published a definitive list anyone? If not can anyone list what is regarded as the requirement please?

UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message